Technical Support Specialist
About the role
Evernote is looking for a Technical Support Specialist to join our small team of product experts.
We’re a team of 8 with a combined 26 years of experience at Evernote. We're a tightly knit group with our own areas of expertise. We are big on supporting and training each other. Our work is at the core of Evernote’s values and affects 225M+ users across the globe. Every customer question at Evernote is an opportunity to help someone better organize their life's work.
What you will do
- Provide exceptional technical support for all versions of Evernote, Scannable, Skitch, and Penultimate.
- Partner with our customer support team to see escalations through to resolution.
- Provide support via email and offer live screen sharing sessions when the quickest way to resolve the issue for the customer is in real time.
- Explain technical issues clearly to technical and non-technical customers.
- Partner daily with our product and engineering teams to make sure customer reports are top priority.
- Consider how we can improve the product in ways that allow us to troubleshoot faster.
What you have done
- Experience troubleshooting apps on Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Linux.
- Two or more years of technical support experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Experience with Evernote, Jira, Confluence, SQL, Big Query, Zendesk, or HockeyApp is a plus!
Who you are
- Highly empathetic and have a passion for helping others.
- A strong communicator and a creative problem solver.
- Willing to go above and beyond to help a customer.
- Able to recognize when to hop on call vs. when to email a customer.
- Highly collaborative and enjoy working with a team that cares deeply about the products and each other.
- A cross-functional team player with experience building relationships outside of the support organization.
- Up to date on the latest technology trends and have a natural affinity for tech
How to Apply
Tell us why you want to work at Evernote! What excites you about this position? Introduce yourself to the team, and tell us your story. We want to know what is unique about you.
Take your time with the application.
Pick two of the questions below and answer them as if you work here. We want to get a feel for how you will support our customers.
- I want to be able to search all of my PDF files in Evernote. Are there any limitations of which I should be aware?
- I lost my backup codes for two factor authentication. How can I create new codes?
- What is the difference between Local notebooks and Offline notebooks?