Training Facilitator, Property Claims at Hippo Insurance
Role: Training Facilitator, Property Claims
Location: Austin, TX
Reports To: Senior Manager of Training
Hippo is modernizing the $100B home insurance industry by putting customers at the center of everything we do, from the coverage we offer to the customer service we provide. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping people protect their homes to begin with by leveraging technology and data to help find small issues before they become big headaches. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
Hippo treats its team members with the same level of dedication and care as we do our customers. Our CEO, Assaf Wand, views this company as an opportunity to care for one another like a family, which is why we’re fortunate to provide all of our Hippos with:
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly).
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Little Hippos Program- We reimburse our team members up to $25k for adoption costs and up to $50k for infertility treatments. Plus, we offer 12 weeks parental leave for primary caregivers and 6 weeks for secondary caregivers.
We’re seeking an amazing Training Facilitator to help increase the skills of our team through interactive, relevant and fun learning content.
About This Role
The Training Facilitator, Property Claims manages the activities involved in the preparation, delivery and assessment of training and development programs for Hippo Insurance’s Property Claims team. The Training Facilitator, Property Claims is responsible for training in a job-specific area along with focusing on teaching specific areas of knowledge or on-the-job capabilities needed for certain positions. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for talent development, a high level of flexibility, commitment, and the ability to train within a high paced sales and customer service call center environment.
You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile, and fun environment. You are a motivated and energetic person, passionate about learning. You are creative and enjoy looking for innovative solutions. You have a background in modern adult learning principles and personal lines insurance claims experience.
- Lead new hires through a set curriculum
- Increase knowledge retention by creating an interactive learning environment
- Help employees improve upon and/or enhance existing skills
- Create a supportive and conducive adult learning environment
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content
- Work with subject matter experts to identify target audience’s training needs
- Devise modes of assessment, such as tests or quizzes, to measure the effectiveness of the course
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of and practical application of Adult Learning Theory and instructional design principles.
- Minimum three years of training or claims handling experience
- Excellent communication, oral, and written skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.