Vice President of Structuring & Execution at Amherst
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
Our Structuring & Execution team within the Capital Management division sits at the center of all of the action across the firm, serving as leaders and collaborators with every function that serves the lifecycle of our investment products starting with research and business development all the way through financing and portfolio management. The team is seeking a highly motivated individual to play a key role in the origination, evaluation and execution of a wide range of transactions, including the establishment of new ventures and funds, debt and equity capital raising as well as mergers and acquisitions. This team serves as the crux of our investor experience – working across all departments to ensure key stakeholders are represented in strategic execution and management; and this individual will be critical to the success of our growth.
- Lead, mentor and guide juniors to ensure high quality work product under tight timelines and ensure that team goals are being met; reporting into the SVP of Structuring & Execution
- Model a wide range of transactions, including new business units, Joint Ventures, M&A, closed end funds and purchase and sale transactions – ability to both execute and quality control the modeling on transactions is a must
- Evaluate risk and negotiate transactions, including pricing and structuring of financing
- Collaborate with senior leaders to generate new ideas and further initiatives
- Coordinate work product with legal, tax, accounting, regulatory parties
- Collaborate with Portfolio Management, Asset Management, Property Management, Acquisitions and Construction teams to further new business initiatives and manage existing ones
- Prepare board and executive-level reporting and materials on tight timelines
- Finalize client presentations and interface with investment partners and potential lenders
- College degree required; MBA nice to have, CFA welcome
- Minimum of Three (3) years of experience with Master’s or five (5) years of experience with Bachelor’s in investment banking, private equity or consulting
- Interested candidates need demonstrated abilities to:
- Run deal teams and complex financial modelling (solid Excel and PPT skills)
- Apply a deep understanding of deal structuring and financing (debt, equity)
- Shift gears with emerging data points and handle risk and uncertainty
- Interpret and present analysis thoughtfully
- Take initiative to work independently and as part of a team
- Think strategically and creatively
- Consult with and present directly to clients
- Manage self and team’s time efficiently
- Present a keen interest in understanding and following capital markets
- Independent, logical and critical-thinking
- Solution-oriented when presenting problems
What we offer:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.