Associate Product Manager-Payment Integrations at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
Who is BigCommerce
BigCommerce is a US-based product company, headquartered in Austin, Texas, and has offices in San Francisco, California, Sydney, Australia and London, England.
BigCommerce is the world's leading cloud ecommerce platform for established and rapidly-growing businesses. Combining enterprise functionality, an open architecture, app ecosystem, and market-leading performance, BigCommerce enables businesses to grow online sales with 80% less cost, time and complexity than on-premise software. BigCommerce powers B2B and B2C ecommerce for more than 60,000 brands, 2,000+ mid-market businesses, 30 Fortune 1000 companies and industry-leading brands, including Assurant, Ben & Jerry's, Paul Mitchell, Skullcandy, Sony, and Toyota.
Our mission is to power unrivaled ecommerce success at every stage of our customers’ growth. We equip growing businesses with the world’s most effective platform for creating beautiful stores, attracting customers wherever they shop, and generating sales. Online businesses using Bigcommerce can outsell and outperform those on other platforms.
Visionary investors that back our vision and mission forward include SoftBank Capital, General Catalyst, GGV Capital, Goldman Sachs, AMEX Ventures, and Telstra.
About the role
We are looking for an Associate Product Manager to work closely with teams of engineers and commercial partner managers to expand our payments capability. Your goal will be to rapidly deliver new payment integrations that strengthen BigCommerce’s market position as the leading eCommerce platform for fast-growing Mid-Market & Enterprise retailers.What you’ll do:
- Interface directly with payment partners to understand integration touchpoints and technical considerations of their solutions.
- Work closely with cross-functional leaders across the organization to ensure that the initiatives you drive to align with the strategic vision of the integration and the broader company objectives.
- Partner with our Business Development and Marketing teams to drive adoption of the integrations and solutions you build.
- Roll up your sleeves and get deep into the day-to-day running of a high performing Agile team.
- Define user stories or job stories that effectively capture the customer’s problem statement(s), the partner opportunity and ‘bridge the divide’ between our customers’ needs, our partners’ capabilities and the core BigCommerce platform.
- Past experience on SaaS products and platforms or API products or;
- 1-2 years previous experience as a Business Analyst, Researcher or degree in Business or Computer Science (previous experience engineering solutions/products)
- Passion for commerce and payments. You will enthusiastically lead your team (of developers, product designers, and quality engineers) to effectively deliver payment integrations.
- The ability to take a strategy and translate it into actionable tasks.
- Exceptional communication skills. You can inspire and rally teams around solving complex problems.
- Strong analytical skills. You use data to inform your decision-making process and to measure your outcomes.
- Results-oriented mindset. You are able to set clear goals, prioritize them and drive to execute against them.
- Exceptional collaboration skills. You will collaborate with internal stakeholders as well as external partners to bring the core platform vision to reality,
- Grit & resilience. Challenges present themselves and you persist through them until the solution is found, bringing your team along the journey and encouraging them along the way.
It would be excellent if you had:
- Experience working with the Payments (e.g. integrating with Stripe, PayPal, Braintree, Apple Pay, Amazon Pay, etc) or Fraud industries
- Experience with international payment providers outside of North America (i.e. Europe, Asia, Oceania, Central America).
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings.