BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin in 2021 is looking for an Associate Product Marketing Manager that can apply foundational product marketing experiences to drive awareness and adoption of our product, support sales enablement, develop compelling messaging, and follow market and industry trends. The Associate PMM will drive cross-functional efforts to launch new products and drive market share. The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator and time manager who exhibits a passion for becoming an expert product marketer.
What You’ll Do
- Become a key expert on the ecommerce customer, building an understanding of the needs of their needs and the purchase decision process
- Monitor and document technology trends, ecosystem developments, and competitive moves that influence customer needs
- Edit, write, and produce compelling messaging and positioning for internal and external audiences, to be used across multiple touch points, including our website, PR / comms, and sales
- Own new product launches: work with the marketing team (including PR, comms, partner, acquisition, customer engagement) to develop messaging for cross-channel campaigns to drive successful adoption of the platform and the features and capabilities associated with the platform, and ultimately drive up revenue and NPS
- Use your understanding of the competition and ecosystem, coupled with an understanding of our product, to influence product and business development decisions
- Develop and support business case generation and gaining cross-functional alignment in order to help build and grow new products / services that help BigCommerce dominate the ecommerce industry
- Assist in market segmentation and opportunity sizing
Who You Are
- 2+ years of related experience (i.e. building processes, running launches, developing and executing product messaging and positioning across channels, etc.), ideally including 1+ years of business-to-business SaaS marketing experience
- Experience in related e-commerce categories (e.g. shipping, payments, web design) and the corresponding customer needs is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field preferred
- Proficiency in Google Apps (Gmail, Docs, Drive) and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint)
- Communicator - Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Time Manager - You value time and use it effectively and efficiently, concentrate your efforts on the most important priorities, and can attend to a broad range of activities.
- Technical Learner - You pick up on technical things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and knowledge, and are adept at staying ahead of the curve on relevant industry, company, product, and technical knowledge.
- Comfortable Around Higher Management - You deal comfortably with all levels of leadership, including executives, can present without undue tension and nervousness, and can determine the best way to get things done with them by talking their language and responding to their needs.
- Composed - You know how to remain collected in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out responsibilities with minimal direction.
- Customer Focused - You have a passion for service and satisfaction and act with customers in mind.
- Personable - You are seen as positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Driven - You manage projects on time in an ever-changing environment and steadfastly push yourself.
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.