OJO envisions a world where everyone has what they need to own a home. We know that homeownership is one of life’s most complex decisions and access to trusted advice and expertise can be the difference-maker. Through the fusion of machine intelligence and human expertise, we meet people wherever they are in their home journey to provide deeply personalized guidance and support.
Our intuitive technology learns each individual’s needs and preferences to provide a tailored experience whether they’re buying, selling, or managing their home as an asset. We then help them to move forward when the time’s right — with support, knowledge, and confidence.
From our network of top-rated agents we’ll match homebuyers and sellers with the expert who can best support their specific journey. We introduce agents and loan officers to consumers at just the right time, and underpin the connection with tools and insights to ensure a best-in-class experience.
As part of our team, you’ll help create the experiences that help level the playing field in real estate, so that all people — regardless of race, class, or gender — can experience the gateway to wealth and the security that home provides.
About the OJO Product Team
The OJO product team is a collection of unique skills, passions and superpowers that together make us a very capable team. We highly value curiosity, risk-taking, measurement, analytics, innovative thinking, and above all, a maniacal focus on our customers. To that end, Product Managers work very closely with the User Experience team and collaborate with them on building a radically different and delightful consumer experience. Technological barriers are slain every day by the best and brightest minds in data science and engineering. You don't end up with hundreds of Artificial Intelligence Trainers who train neural nets and operate a product in real-time unless you're willing to open your mind to crazy ideas. If you want to work in an incredibly fast-paced and innovative environment, come join us!
What you'll do:
- Lead the product team responsible for the OJO Select Network Agent Tools & Platform that delivers both incredible value to our agents and a best-in-class homebuying experience for our consumers.
- Coach & mentor team members to develop their product management mastery and achieve their career goals
- Demonstrate an understanding of consumer, agent, and human operations workflows, opportunities, success criteria, and ability to deliver technology that creates ‘unfair advantages’ for consumer-agent touchpoints built on the OJO platform.
- Develop and maintain a complex roadmap inclusive of multiple value recipients; successfully navigate short and long-term tradeoffs to create momentum and a cadence of high-quality outcome delivery, implementation & adoption.
- Develop and maintain KPIs and quantitative measures of product success that are understandable both by stakeholders at varying organizational levels (ex: independent contributor to senior executive)
- Role model end-to-end leadership by taking accountability for the successful delivery of your team’s products across all contributing factors ex: user experience, engineering, operations, product marketing, research, etc.
- Demonstrate an inclusive approach to your craft: bring everyone along with you, learn from their input, accept challenges, iterate, deliver together.
- Inspire excitement across the organization with ambitious goals that are well understood and easily socialized.
- Successfully manage the tradeoffs of delivering for the short term while building long-term value in OJOs platform.
- Lead with empathy; OJO creates change in industries with long-standing norms and routines.
What we need from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, economics, science, or information systems
- 10+ years Product Management experience
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Experience building user-facing products with data & engagement loops
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication and influencing skills; comfortable guiding internal & external senior executives.
- Comfort in leading through ambiguity; ability to set long-term outcomes and manage through iterations and decisions to achieve them.
- Strong detail orientation
- Experience collaborating with multiple engineering teams concurrently to define and execute the product roadmap.
Nice to Haves
- Experience growing two-side marketplaces
- Experience in the Real Estate/ home share domain
- Experience working with Data Science and ranking & scoring systems
- Hobbyist programmer
What do we have to offer?
● You get to work with the best of the best
● A collaborative, respectful environment where your voice will always be heard
● Competitive Salaries
● Unlimited/Open PTO Policy
● Dog-Friendly Workplace
● Commuter Stipend or Free Parking
● Optimum Workspace Subsidy
● 70% Coverage of Employee and Dependent Health Premiums
● Promote from Within Philosophy
● Volunteer Program
● Many More – We have a whole team dedicated to making OJO an awesome place to work!
With offices all over the world, our award-winning work environments blend meaningful impact and employee satisfaction. We have offices in Austin, Texas; Minneapolis, Minnesota; San Mateo, California; Chicago, Illinois; Toronto, Ontario; and Vieux Fort, St. Lucia.
OJO has received multiple workplace awards, including Fortune Best Workplaces in Technology, Inc. Best Workplaces, and Austin Business Journal’s Best Places to Work. Every person at OJO has a significant impact on our evolving product, team, and culture, which is why we hire the best technical, creative, and operational minds.
Virtual Life at OJO
At OJO, we care and listen deeply to the needs of our team to ensure they are comfortable and have the necessary tools to be productive while working from home during the pandemic. We strive to allow a balance and separation between home and work life, and provide support and a flexible working schedule so that employees are able to focus on what’s important to them. The leadership team at OJO has decided that we will work from home indefinitely. As safety allows, offices will open and employees will have the option of accessing them to work. We will continue to monitor and respond to COVID-19 proactively, while adhering to safety precautions provided by medical leadership.
OJO is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.