Director, Product Management (Platform) at Care.com
Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to tackle a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents, so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Here, entrepreneurs, teammates, and big problem solvers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you like having autonomy, if you thrive on collaboration and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, Care.com is the place for you.
What Your Days Will Be Like:
The Care.com Platform Product team is looking for a Director, Product Management, leading all aspects of our core technology product teams. You’ll deliver solutions to our teams and customers to add to our family care portfolio and help service families through all stages of life. The ideal candidate is data driven, acts with a sense of curiosity and urgency and has a background in engineering. You can successfully motivate teams to solve problems. You should be flexible – able to jump from creating a product vision to immersing yourself with implementation details. Lastly, you should be collaborative, facilitating cross-functional alignment and decision making.
What You'll Be Working On:
- Product Vision: Contribute to the product vision and roadmaps for your product(s), as well as to incremental improvements that contribute to the vision for how the products will work and what problems they will solve for your users, the marketplace, and the business.
- Product Development: Lead an agile, cross-functional team to develop, launch, optimize, and maintain/retire products; create the principles and frameworks for desired product functionality and designs, and make real-time decisions to ensure that we are on track to meet business goals.
- Data, Analysis & Metrics: Define and evangelize KPIs; Set up rigorous testing methodologies to validate hypotheses for moving the business forward. Slice data regularly to understand which initiatives are making an impact; be on top of the competitive landscape to ensure that we are differentiating.
- Communication: Set up the right level of documentation and communication of product goals, requirements (user stories, briefs, wireframes, etc) and processes that are clear, thorough, timely and convey the desired functional experience to all internal parties and partners while still enabling the organization to move fast.
- Leadership: Act as a leader to cross-functional, internal teams so that they are excited, motivated, and know what is expected; effectively evangelize the product vision and collaborate with partners throughout the company to ensure a successful product launch.
- Customer Focus: Working with your teams, build solutions for customers first; Partner with other teams to create testing and research plans.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- 10+ years of product management or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams, solve complex problems, and produce high-quality results.
- Experience with techniques to develop the right minimum viable products, as well as optimizing existing products.
- Strong experience defining product vision & roadmaps, driving execution activities, measuring results.
- A data driven approach, with the ability to make decisions based on internal and external data.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- A strong communicator and team collaborator, with great written and verbal skills.
- Experience with two-sided marketplaces and/or subscription products is a plus.
For a list of our Perks + Benefits, click here!
**Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Care.com is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to [email protected]**
Available in more than 20 countries, Care.com is the world's leading platform for finding and managing high-quality family care. Care.com is designed to meet the evolving needs of today's families and caregivers, offering everything from household tax and payroll services and customized corporate benefits packages covering the care needs of working families, to innovating new ways for caregivers to be paid and obtain professional benefits. Since 2007, families have relied on Care.com's industry-leading products—from child and elder care to pet care and home care. Care.com is an IAC company (NASDAQ: IAC).