At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the role:
The Head of Web & Digital Operations will be responsible for evolving the overall strategy for Cloudflare’s public facing websites and digital advertising operations, delivering a delightful experience for our prospects and customers throughout their digital journey, while making continuous improvement in operational efficiency. This individual will provide leadership to an existing team, attract new talents, and collaborate with cross-functional teams such as Analytics, Brand, Demand Generation, Design, Product, Product Marketing, and Engineering.
We’re looking for a seasoned marketing /product leader, who has a proven track record of driving cross-functional vision alignment, providing thought leadership, as well as hands-on coaching and delivering large scale technical projects. This leader is also expected to have the domain knowledge and analytical skills to guide our organization navigating through technical and regulatory changes in both internet security and adtech spaces.
- Evolve the overall vision and strategy to scale Cloudflare’s digital campaign operations and increase web development and optimization velocity. Deliver consistent improvement in digital campaign eCPM, and lift in web engagement and conversion. Own and communicate progress of KPIs & organizational goals.
- Drive wholistic, connected digital experience and related product roadmap. Deliver new digital capabilities and web functionalities. Enable, support global enterprise and pay-as-you-go growth strategies.
- Partner across Marketing and Product to design, implement, execute, and scale experimentation across channels and user journeys. Optimize creative, audience, content and UX effectiveness.
- Provide thought leadership, and advise leadership team on subjects such as ad targeting strategies, organic & paid content flywheel, privacy conscientious user tracking, and data collection strategy.
- Develop and maintain key relationships with culturally and geographically cross-functional stakeholders with varied technical aptitude throughout the company.
- Attract, retain, and develop talents. Demonstrate commitment to Cloudflare’s mission and core values.
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 12+ years of relevant operations and leadership experience at medium to large scale global technology companies, preferably with both B2B SaaS and B2C ecommerce business models.
- Exceptional leadership skills with demonstrated success in navigating complex business issues and technical environment, and proven ability to inspire and build relationships with all stakeholders.
- Hands-on experience in managing large scale customer facing web platform as a product owner, and distributed resources in a hybrid work environment.
- Deep domain expertise with digital ad operations, programmatic processes and adtech ecosystem. Hands-on experience with CMS, SEO, UX design, web analytics, microservices, and related web ecosystem.
- Adept with gathering, analyzing, and reporting using web analytics tools as well as log level large data sets. Solid understanding of content marketing, enterprise buying process and customer journey mapping.
- BA/BS degree; Master degree in a technical field or business administration preferred.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
126.96.36.199: We released 188.8.131.52 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.