We're seeking a Growth & Membership Product Manager to join us in delivering on our mission of building a simpler, more streamlined and customer-centric home buying and selling experience in partnership with real estate agents.
We give homeowners the freedom to buy the home they want before selling their current one. Customers tell us about their home and financial situation, and then we provide them with funds to confidently secure their next home with a competitive all-cash offer. This saves them stress from having to list their house without knowing where they're going next, and makes the process of buying and selling a home as predictable and easy as it should be.
Homeward was started in 2018 by Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest growing agent teams in the U.S. We're passionate about our mission to recenter real estate transactions around the customer and make the entire experience more convenient and certain. We've attracted a strong early customer base in Texas, Colorado, and Georgia, and are recruiting a core team to help us deliver our unique solution, and continue evolving our business beyond this initial foothold offering.
Homeward is backed by LiveOak, the largest venture capital group in Texas, and raised $3.8 million in early 2019 from additional real estate tech founders and investors such as ApartmentList, OpCity, Opendoor, Yodle, and The Guild.
In this role, you will:
- Report directly to our VP, Product and work closely with other senior leadership, as well as the organization as whole, to define the needs and develop products to help Homeward grow our active real estate agent members.
- You’ll join a small Product team and have an enormous impact on the company and our product by owning a new segment of our roadmap.
- You will conduct regular customer and real estate agent interviews to understand our target users, their motivations, and potential digital product as well as service improvements.
- Own success of digital & service products that encourage agents to refer customers to Homeward and create an ongoing, high-value membership experience for agents that drives loyalty to our product and brand.
- Develop a product vision and KPIs that keep the team focused and excited.
- Create detailed product requirements for engineering and collaborate closely with them during roadmapping, prioritization, and development.
- Help run regular backlog grooming meetings, test your features, and get them rolled out to internal and external customers in short cycle times so we can hit our ambitious business goals.
- Be exceptionally data driven to ensure we’re always solving the most important problem.
- Get up to speed on the residential real-estate industry and become well-versed in the home buying, home selling, and home valuation processes.
- Build upon good product management practices at Homeward and continue to help us adopt best practices around product prioritization and requirements reviews.
What you’ll bring:
- You have 3+ years product management experience in a high-performance startup or technology company.
- You’ve launched and iterated on multiple highly used products and have experience taking products from ideas to daily use by end users.
- You’re collaborative and open to feedback. You’re great at working as part of a team and love getting input on your roadmap and product requirements so you can continuously improve.
- You’re able to ship quickly and adjust your process to fit the needs of an early stage startup. You create high-quality product requirements in short cycle times. You value shipping a good solution now over a great solution several weeks from now. At this stage of our company, we need to get our product in front of customers so we can continually iterate on it.
- You’re interested in improving the complex, emotional process of buying and selling a home and making it the exciting milestone in people’s lives that it deserves to be.
- Experience with Salesforce and the real estate industry are both pluses.
What we will offer you:
- A collaborative, efficient, and smart team to work with
- The opportunity to contribute to a high growth company focused on solving big consumer pain points while being mentored and coached by an experienced Product leader and broader executive team
- A beautiful workspace with the high quality tools you need to get the job done well
- A culture that prioritizes a calm, productive office environment, showing up for your teammates, and accountability
- Competitive salary & equity