Principal Product Manager - Search at Workrise
As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Sr. Product Manager, Search to join our Marketplace team. As the anchor hire for our Search team you’ll lead the important conversations around search and ultimately help build what we plan to be a fast growing team. You’ll have the opportunity to work with some of our top engineers to define one of the most mission critical domains in our business - setting the strategy, roadmap, and initially driving execution. You’ll be a thought-leader in the company on the topic of search, driving important conversations and helping form overall search strategy. Our ideal candidate combines a strong technical background with substantial experience in the product function.
Sound like you? Keep reading.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll be working alongside some of our top engineers to frame and drive decisions that drive the future of our approach to worker search - the core of our value creation engine.
- You’ll be an anchor hire - you’ll be the first of many hires in this domain, your early successes will pave the way for an expanding team, and you’ll help us drive that expansion and build search as a first class function on the team.
- You’ll be a thought-leader in the company, keeping the technically sophisticated on their toes with what’s going on at the bleeding edge and guiding the operationally oriented toward simple (but not simplistic) frameworks for thinking about search in the context of their role.
- You’ll be working on a small, dedicated team with a big goal and expectations of impact measured in cycles of days and weeks, not months (and the resources to do it). You’ll be moving fast.
What you should have:
- You have 5+ years of product management experience in a growth stage software company.
- You have a strong technical background - you either have a computer science background or likely would if you’d known it was a thing.
- Mastery of key search concepts - you’re at ease debating the tradeoffs of precision vs. recall or breaking boosting down to help someone else on the team better understand your domain.
- You’re conversant in ML best practices. Bonus points for experience with knowledge graphs and ranking criteria.
- Experience with best-in-class 3rd party search providers (e.g. Algolia, Solr, or Elastic) preferred.
- Proficiency in thinking through trade offs of Search UX a plus.
More than a job:
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Egos, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!