Product Line Manager
We're growing rapidly here at Tecovas, and we're looking for a talented, entrepreneurial Product Line Manager (PLM) to lead one of our vertical product categories (Footwear, Apparel, Leather Goods & Accessories) from end-to-end. Responsibilities of the PLM will span the spectrum of his/her category, including but not limited to:
- Owning the lifecycle of one of the three Tecovas product categories from end-to-end, including:
- Working directly with the Founder/CEO (who leads Product) to own the ideation and product roadmap for the category
- Creating & finalizing the design of all products within the category (working independently, with the Founder/CEO, and/or with contract designers)
- Sourcing, developing, and nurturing the necessary factory & supplier relationships for the category
- Owning the Product Development lifecycle from Ideation to Production Handoff
- Working alongside the Creative team to design, source, and finalize packaging for all category products
- Partnering with the Finance, Marketing, and Inventory teams to plan orders and production
- Partnering with the Production team to hand off ‘evergreen’ products from launch to full production mode
- Owning the cross-functional Product Launch process (partnering with Marketing, Creative, Finance, and Inventory teams)
- Setting up initial and ongoing QC & QA processes and team(s), as relevant
- Partnering with the Customer Experience, Marketing, and Inventory teams on ‘lookback’ analyses and learnings from new product launches
- Partnering with the Customer Experience – then Production and QA teams – on continuous improvement initiatives
- Partnering with Marketing & Creative for category-related ongoing product marketing initiatives
- Owning ideation and cycle restarting for line additions to any category product
- Leading efficient and effective cross-functional meetings to push through each part of the product lifecycle
- Hiring and managing a ‘small but mighty’ product category team (1-2 HQ FTE per category in 2019), with resources dependent on the category and candidate experience
This role will report directly to the Founder/CEO but may later report to a Product leader or VP.
The ideal Product Line Manager is an entrepreneurial, organized operator – with her/his heart and instincts set in the Product, Design, and/or Merchandising world. Specific desired qualifications include:
- 5-10+ years of Product experience, ideally across Product Management, Category Management/Ownership, Merchandising, Buying, and/or Product Operations
- BA/BS degree from a top-tier institution and demonstrated academic excellence
- Ability to own a category from ‘day 1,’ with minimal guidance needed to perform all of the ownership tasks described above
- Masterful ability to operate, lead, and manage projects efficiently and effectively across functions
- True passion for product – and ideally the products we make here at Tecovas!
- Experience with design and/or design software experience a major plus but not required
- Desire to scratch the 'entrepreneurial itch' and learn in a fast-paced environment
- Independent, results-driven work ethic
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to work well with the Founder/CEO
- Utmost character, honesty, and transparency
- Competitive salary
- Equity grant
- Fully-paid health, dental, and vision insurance premiums
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free boots!
Tecovas is revolutionizing the western market as the first digitally-native brand. We are a rapidly-growing company (we’ve grown from under 10 to over 40 employees since 2017) and we're passionate about making and selling incredible consumer products at approachable prices. Want an early seat on a rocket ship? Shoot us an application!
Important note: We take hiring very seriously. Interviewing at Tecovas may include phone calls, on-site interviews, and on-the-job mock cases. We are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, but we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit. We will contact you if that is the case!