Product Manager, CPG Industry Web-based Product at iLevel Brands
About iLevel Brands:
We are a growing, dynamic and innovative national brokerage company representing natural product brands sold in thousands of stores like Whole Foods, Sprouts, Kroger, Publix and many more.
iLevel started out as a Contract Sales & Brand Management Company in 2007. About 5 years ago we decided to expand and are now offering a new cutting-edge national brokerage service to our clients. Our new Brokerage division is growing quickly, and we are adding team members to help represent brands nationally.
We cover all classes of trade including natural food stores, supermarkets, club stores and convenience stores. Our brands represent a cross section of all categories including natural and organic foods, supplements, health and beauty care etc.
We are building a one of a kind web based market place to allow independent retailers nationally to purchase products from hundreds of brands without requiring a face to face sales call. Much of the natural product industry is stuck in the 1980’s when it comes to selling new items. We are radically changing that process with a digital brokerage system that will turn the outdated process on its head.
We are looking for a talented Product Manger to lead this project which is the first of its kind in the Consumer Packed Goods market.
If you are tired of the usual mundane PM jobs, then this is one for you.
This is a remote position and is best suited for individuals who are comfortable working in an in-home environment.
As the Product Manager at iLevel Brands, you will be responsible for building a product that drastically improves the way that smaller independent stores make purchasing decisions so they can compete with larger chains. You will have ultimate responsibility for understanding marketplace needs, influencing the business strategy, feature specifications, and working with engineering to develop our software.
In addition, you will:
- Own the product vision for this cutting-edge endeavor. Ensure that it aligns with the overall product and company vision.
- Be an expert on the relevant technology options that we can use to build a product that capitalizes on the current market trends in the natural product industry.
- Evangelize the vision constantly so all stakeholders are aligned, have context and understand where we are going.
- Author use cases and prioritize requirements based on specific real-world product applications and extrapolate detailed product requirements for the scenarios.
- Develop new opportunities. With your finger on the pulse of tech market trends, software applications and directing engineering teams, you are uniquely positioned to discover and develop new opportunities.
- Work with sales, marketing and customer success teams to create the content and tools needed to successfully sell, implement and service the product.
- You are not required to code, but it is a bonus if you do.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial-minded and thrives in a fast-paced, small company environment. You have outstanding communication and collaboration skills and are able to work with a diverse group, get consensus, and drive the product forward. You are execution focused and emphasize getting things done while paying attention to important details.
Key skills include:
- 3+ years of product management or equivalent experience with demonstrated ability to discover opportunities, and then define and deliver products
- Exceptional communication, presentation, organizational and analytical skills
- Are able to define and manage complex process and/or product issues of a broad scope using independent judgment
- Experience balancing execution, agility, and culture at a fast-growing business.
- Experience partnering closely with Product Design to deliver engaging user experiences
- Strong technical abilities. You are intimately familiar with modern software and development practices used to build and deploy applications.
- BS/MS in a technology field
- Marketing experience in digital marketing campaigns, marketing automation, content marketing, and/or field marketing/events.
- Expertise with MS Excel / Google Sheets and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics.
- High degree of responsibility and follow-through.