Product Manager - Customer Experience at Self Financial
Self Financial, Inc. helps consumers establish and build credit history. We are a venture-backed, financial services startup based in Austin, TX. At Self, our mission is to help millions of people build credit and save money on their journey toward financial security.
There are about 100 million people in the US who have low credit scores or who have no access to credit at all. Sadly, there aren’t many options for these people. Most banks aren’t doing anything material to change the situation because it’s not profitable for them to do so. Bad credit or no credit history can be barriers to renting an apartment or getting certain jobs, let alone buying a car or house. And if you can get a loan with a low credit score, you’re very likely to pay a lot more in interest over the life of that loan.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by giving people accessible and affordable tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can most benefit from them.
We're looking for people who share a passion for our mission and relate to why we do what we do. At Self, we want to work with people who are driven to tackle challenges, bring unique perspectives, find solutions and help make the financial space a better place for our consumers. We recognize that it takes different people and personalities to make our products – and our company – truly great. We only seek the best.
If you are someone who is equally passionate as we are, we want to chat with you.
About the Role:
Self. is looking for a product leader who has built products people love and enjoys delighting customers with user experiences that surpass expectations. Our Product Manager will drive the vision, roadmap and execution for how our products interact to create value for our customers through best-in-class product design.
The ideal candidate is customer-centered, design-focused and makes data-informed decisions. Our team is highly collaborative and happy to help you learn everything you need to be successful at Self. Join us!
- 4 years of product management experience
- Track record of shipping delightful digital customer experiences at scale
- Strong story mapping, prioritization, roadmapping, sprint-planning, and project-management skills
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to gather data, both qualitative and quantitative, emerge with insights, and make and communicate well-reasoned decisions
- Technical fluency that enables you to creatively explore possibilities and challenge constraints with engineering, with demonstrated ability to earn the respect of talented engineers
- An iterative approach and a bias toward action to expedite the path to an optimal solution.
- A collaborative attitude and a helpful personality
- Strong problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Passion for our mission: helping people to build credit and save money
- Strong collaboration in team environments but able to act quickly as the decision-maker
- Lead an effort to refresh the Self website and mobile apps to meet the needs of our large and growing customer base.
- Build a vision and roadmap that focuses on customer value through interaction and engagement and prioritized based on impact.
- Lead a cross functional team of engineers, designers, analysts, operations and marketing managers to execute on your vision.
- Develop new ideas based on insights from customer interviews, surveys, engagement data, and market analysis that you manage and coordinate.
- Work closely with our analytics team to establish best practices for measuring customer engagement to quantitatively drive decisions and priority.
- Lead product development from end to end: Write specs and user stories, build wireframes and prototypes, write test plans and release checklists. Guide the team’s work with clear direction and purpose, keeping a well-prioritized backlog and optimizing for efficiency in execution.
- Consistently ship product improvements that delight customers and drive business results.
Our compensation and benefits are competitive, but there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many startups cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. Over 64 million adults in the U.S. do not have a credit score due to a lack of credit history. Self is solving this problem with innovative technology and partnerships.
Our perks include:
- Competitive Pay
- Stock options
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Enjoy our vacation policy – there is no policy, balance matters
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Plenty of snacks and drinks provided
- Casual dress code
- Catered company lunches on Mondays and Wednesdays
- Team happy hours and events
- Downtown Austin office space
- Remote work arrangements/ Flexible work schedule (due to the pandemic)
How we act with each other is how we act with our customers. We are direct, transparent and respectful, and we hope you embrace that approach.
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.