Who are we looking for? As Product Manager, you will guide a team that is charged with a product line contribution as a business unit. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market. You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with an engineering counterpart to define product release requirements. You will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
Who are we? Compeat Restaurant Management Systems was founded in 2000 and is located in Austin, Texas. Over the last two decades, we have installed restaurant management software for hundreds of customers in thousands of restaurant locations across the US and Canada. Compeat software is running in table service, limited service, and quick service restaurants ranging in size from high volume independents to large chain operators. Compeat is a leading provider of end-to-end software solutions including accounting, inventory management, onboarding, workforce, and payroll.
- Develop, execute and communicate the vision, strategy and roadmap for your product line.
- Coordinate and collaborate with all major internal stakeholders including the Executive Team, Finance/Accounting, Operation, and Sales.
- Work with the engineering team with an agile mindset and process to define, elaborate and implement user stories.
- Monitor and understand the key metrics for your product, with an eye toward continuously improving them through ongoing product innovation.
- Prioritize input from customers, sales, and implementation
- Work with UI/UX designers to deliver an awesome user experience
- Conduct competitive analysis and industry research to identify gaps and opportunities to improve the product strategy.
- Engage and maintain successful relationships directly with the customer base to inform feedback and performance metrics.
- Work closely with beta test groups and early adopters
- Analyze potential partner relationships for the product.
Must Have Skills
- 5+ years of software product management experience within an agile software development environment
- Experience utilizing web analytics and data analysis to aid business decisions
- Ability to lead large, complex projects in a rapidly changing environment
- Self-starter with demonstrated strengths managing multiple projects simultaneously and driving them to completion with limited direction.