Our health system is broken, and it’s a huge problem. Costs are rising out of control while the patient experience gets worse. At Sana, we're passionate about fixing this problem by bringing accessible and affordable health plans to small and medium businesses. We've built an innovative team with top talent from across the health insurance and tech industries to create engaging, modern plans for our clients. This allows our customers to offer competitive benefits packages while paying an average of 20% less than traditional plans.
Sana is seeking a Product Manager to help take on the challenge of building an awesome online health insurance experience. As a PM you will be responsible for scoping software projects, understanding the nuances of the employee benefits world, and working closely with designers and software engineers to deliver an amazing product experience to our customers.
Close collaboration with the operations, sales, and customer service departments will be exceptionally important, as will building relationships with and understanding the needs of our diverse customer base.
A successful Product Manager at Sana will have exceptional communication and organization skills, several years of product experience, and a keen eye for what makes a great software product.
We are building a distributed product team and encourage all applicants to apply, regardless of location.
What you will do
- Define product/feature & coordinate actions across the org to enable its success
- Meet with stakeholders (both internal and external) to gather requirements and carefully scope software projects
- Work closely with software engineers and designers to deliver a best-in-class product experience
- Define what success looks like and help decide which product metrics are most critical
- Help build out a roadmap that balances the needs of our customers, as well as internal stakeholders
- Work with the rest of the product team to detail a long-term vision for the product
- Set realistic project goals and exceed them
- 3+ years of product management experience
- Knowledge of the insurance and/or employee benefits space with a keen interest in fixing our broken healthcare system
- Strong communication skills. Low ego. High empathy.
- A proven track record of shipping iterative products and driving user adoptions
- Experienced working on complex problems alongside designers, software engineers
- Can think creatively and strategically about how to solve a problem, unstuck the team and always drive towards a decision
- Excell at getting the information needed to prove/disprove a hypothesis using user research or data
- A desire to join a remote-first team
- Solid understanding of fundamentals of web & mobile app technologies
- Stock options in rapidly scaling startup
- Flexible vacation
- Medical, dental, and vision Insurance
- 401(k) and HSA plans
- Parental leave
- Remote worker stipend
- Wellness program
- Opportunity for career growth
- Dynamic start-up environment
Sana is a modern health plan solution for small and medium businesses. We use a more efficient financing structure and integrated technology solutions to cut out wasteful spending and get members access to better quality care at lower cost. Founded in 2017, we are an experienced team of engineers, designers and health system operators. We have the financial backing of Silicon Valley venture firms and innovative reinsurance partners. If you are excited about building something new and being a part of fixing our broken healthcare system from the inside, please reach out!
Read Full Job Description