Product Manager at Brightpearl
Come join one of 2021’s Best Places to Work in the heart of downtown Austin. Brightpearl is the number one digital operations platform (DOP) for brands and retailers. We manage everything ‘after the buy button’ so that our customers can focus on growing their business. “People First” is one of our core company value, so before we get too into your day to day, here’s a taster of what we bring to the table:
- The opportunity to work with talented people
- A transparent leadership team
- Flexible working and generous holiday allowances
And that’s not all. Check out our perks and benefits to see what else we offer!About the Role
The responsibilities of a Product Manager at Brightpearl span a wide range of disciplines including product vision and direction, product design, business development & commercial success of our portfolio.
This is a highly influential role and you will need to be highly competent at communicating at all levels both inside and outside the company. You will have the ability to lead both business and technical teams to achieve a coherent product strategy that meets the needs of our customers and the business objectives.
This role will take ownership of our high throughput Shopify channel connectors. Our native connectors are key to the success of our customers; they need to be reliable, timely, and adaptive to the ever changing world of ecommerce. Our connectors have been a great differentiator for us, and continue to be a strategic focus as we build stronger relationships with the leading ecommerce platforms.
In addition to the foundational product owner behaviors of working within an agile development team, we’ve an emphasis of importance on the outward aspects of the role; building relationships, persuading, objection handling and a market awareness that fuels our product strategies.
- Works closely with the CTO, SVP Product, VP Engineering and other product management roles to define the product direction, strategies, and works with go-to-market teams and customers to design and validate requirements.
- Maintains an understanding of market needs, particularly those in the omnichannel retail and financial technology spectrum around ecommerce, supply chain, and accounting.
- Fulfills the product owner role within the assigned agile development team (UK based).
- Maintains awareness of the Company’s competitive landscape.
- Able to understand current and emerging legislative requirements that have an impact on our products and solutions, and the impact of these for our customers’ use of our solution.
- Key contributor to the product roadmap – will have specific responsibility for nominated areas
- Maintains a broad knowledge of the whole portfolio as it pertains to functional capabilities, and will specialise in several key areas
- Provides critical direction to Sales Engineers, Product marketing, Implementation consultants and Account Managers on how best to deliver what the customer needs
- Three years experience in product management of ERP, OMS or financial software solutions, including experience in defining product requirements and understanding of the software product lifecycle.
- Proven record in managing and delivering software projects as a product owner in a remote Agile environment.
- Experience with ecommerce platforms and marketplace solutions is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate well to both internal and external customers.
- The ability to persuade and influence at all levels within a business.
- Strong interpersonal and management skills, including the ability to drive decisions and build consensus.
- The ability to facilitate effective discussions in group meetings with diverse, cross-functional multi-national teams participating.
- Focused on self-development and able to quickly grasp new concepts and interpret these into true business value.
- Thorough understanding of the commercial framework within the business and the impact decisions have on projects and to the company.
- High-energy with an enthusiastic attitude.
- Must be in Austin or willing to relocate
- We are not sponsoring visas at this time
- Join one of Austin’s Best Places to Work 2021
- Competitive compensation package: salary, stock options, medical benefits, 20 days of annual PTO and 12 Holidays
Right now, we’re all doing our part to flatten the curve by working from home, but whenever its safe to return to the office, we offer:
- Stocked Kitchen with snacks and beer on tap
- Work downtown Austin in an open and vibrant workspace
- Enjoy frequent Company events, team building activities and after hour socials
- We’re an energetic, driven organization who believe in promoting a healthy work-life balance and support remote working with management approval.
- Check us out on Built In Austin to get more of an insight on what it’s like to work with us!
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we collaborate and learn from each other is core to Brightpearl’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a supportive place to work.