We are looking for a Product Insights Experimentation Lead to join our Business Analytics team. Data is at the center of everything Favor does. The appetite for experimentation, reporting and analysis grows each day as we expand our geographic footprint throughout Texas and introduce new programs, platforms, products and features to our community of customers, runners and merchant partners.
As the Product Insights Experimentation Lead on the Business Analytics team you will work cross-functionally to design and build a centralized experimentation program that adheres to best-practices to ensure we produce clean, accurate and reliable results from which we can make high-confidence decisions. In addition to designing the centralized experimentation program, you will be on the front lines to help stakeholders determine test hypotheses, primary KPIs, and parameters such as significance level, power, sample size, and expected duration. Once experiments are complete, you will lead the analysis effort to determine how to proceed - e.g. did the experiment pass or fail, and if it failed, how can we iterate on the product to increase the odds of a successful future experiment? You will also own the presentation and sharing of experiment results and recommendations to ensure the company is aligned on experiment performance and next-steps.
- Work cross-functionally to design and build a best-practice experimentation program for our front/backend products and user-facing programs while fostering a culture of statistical rigor.
- Advise on alternative experimentation frameworks for atypical and network-effect scenarios, such as difference-in-difference and switchback testing.
- Provide end-to-end experiment support including hypothesis creation, KPI selection, sample sizing, in-flight monitoring, significance measurement, post-experiment analysis and recommendations.
- Advocate for data-backed interpretation of experiment results and decisions which lead to improvements in key areas of the business, such as acquisition, engagement, conversion, retention, frequency and monetization.
- Make results readily available. Ensure we know what hypotheses we’ve tested and the outcome, in order to make the most of our bandwidth and avoid burning money on duplicate ideas.
- Grow the collective Business Analytics team knowledge base through process documentation and technical mentorship.
- 3-5 years experience working in an analytical role with a deep understanding of statistical analysis and experimentation frameworks.
- Demonstrated track record of working cross-functionally to lead projects and processes from inception to v1, then maintaining v1 while evaluating potential improvements for v2.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, in particular in a presentation setting with leadership- and executive-level teams.
- Intermediate to advanced SQL skills, preferably with large datasets.
- Experience with business intelligence software, tools, scripting languages, client-side analytics, and statistical packages, such as: Looker, Tableau, Domo, Google Analytics, Firebase, Matlab, R, SAS, and Python.
- Detail-oriented. You ensure accuracy and consistency of reporting and analysis through data cleansing, transformation and ongoing stewardship. You think 2 steps ahead to identify potential roadblocks and have contingency plans to address them.
- Narrative-oriented. You connect changes in top-level metrics to the underlying drivers and create compelling visualizations to drive home key findings. You communicate results effectively to audiences at all levels of the organization.
- Action-oriented. You are always up for a challenge and view reporting and analysis as an opportunity to recommend tactics and strategies that make the business better. You are open to feedback in the interest of delivering continually better output and growing as a professional.
- Teamwork-oriented. You know how and when to effectively engage with your stakeholders and your teammates. You view yourself as a partner in the decision-making process and build trust through goal alignment, process transparency and world-class output.
At Favor, we believe that to Run Texas, we need to represent Texas. By putting Community First, we honor the diversity of our backgrounds and experiences through sharing our unique voices. Our community grows when we challenge ourselves to learn and see the world from another’s view. We are committed to growing a team with different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
Read Full Job Description