Senior Product Designer at realtor.com
Who we are:
Realtor.com is your one stop shop for homebuyers, sellers, and dreamers, with comprehensive for-sale listings, insightful information, valuable tools, and professional expertise. We're excited and hungry to make a difference to the millions of people in the US who buy a home each year. Our aspiration starts with treating our home buyer as our focal point - we believe that delivering on experiences that truly help people through this seemingly difficult life event will lead us to continued and greater success as a company.
Who we are looking for:
A day in the life of a Senior Designer:
- Standups with your cross functional team to review the progress of your sprint
- Host whiteboard ideation sessions to uncover divergent thinking across cross discipline team members (product, engineering, sales, media etc)
- Create sketches and interactive prototypes for testing with users
- Spend some quiet time carefully adding fidelity and detail to your visual & experience designs
- Work with broader UX team in crafting the overall DSM language used throughout the site
- Work with product & UI engineers to implement your design
- BA/BS degree in design, design and research, human-computer interaction, or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of relevant work experience as well as experience integrating user research into design practices
- Applied knowledge of user-centred design principles, UX Design best practices, trends and emerging technologies
- Experience designing products for consumer audiences from concept to implementation
- Online portfolio demonstrates solutions that represent the most user-centric intersection of content, business, technology, and design
- Ability to create interactive prototypes, experience and journey maps
- Designs elegant and engaging experiences that connect consumers with brands which augment their home shopping experience
- Designs the overall experience across multiple real life touch-points that span multiple areas of the business
- Contribute to the product roadmap
- Contribute to our design pattern libraries and style guides
- Makes timely, informed decisions that take into account the facts, goals, constraints and risks
- Develops expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products and bring new ideas to the team
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees that work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, 70 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices across Canada and the US and lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make home buying and selling easier, and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.
Diversity is important to us, therefore, realtor.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, realtor.com will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.