The Bitbucket team at Atlassian delivers one of the top SaaS source code collaboration platforms in the world - serving the needs of ~15M developers from around the globe. We are on a mission to take modern software delivery practices to every professional software team on earth. As we bring modern DevOps and cloud-native practices to our customers, we are on journey to modernize our platform as well. Our Senior Product Manager will accelerate our ability to bring in the next 10M users on our platform by modernizing the core platform.
Your focus will include:
- Setting a vision to get Bitbucket to be a fully compliant enterprise cloud offering
- Develop first-class Bitbucket CI/CD capabilities, that are deeply integrate within the Atlassian DevOps suite.
- Deeply understanding our largest customers requirements to help build a platform that can address their need
This role requires a deep understanding of DevOps in the cloud, an understanding of enterprise scale value delivery, and experience in charting a journey from a solution to a platform. Additionally, the ability to ruthlessly prioritize and the technical know-how to partner closely with engineering to execute on the roadmap you define. You will define product strategy for core security, cloud administration, own end-to-end development of your roadmap, and partner daily in a triad with engineering and design.
On your first day, we will expect you to have:
- 5+ years of prior product management experience a SaaS company
- Experience developing a high-level product strategy and roadmap that can span multiple years, communicating it to executive leadership, and rallying a cross-functional team behind it
- A passion for wading into the gnarly day-to-day decisions to help your engineering team get features shipped
- A track record of building relationships and influencing without authority at all levels of the organization.
- You have demonstrated success in building an execution engine that delivers value to customers - fast.
- Ability to build a compelling business case for new opportunities.
- True obsession for your customers - you go out of your way to talk to customers and solve their problems because it's what gets you out of bed in the morning
- You are a team player who looks to drive organizational success.
It's great but not required if you have:
- Computer science or a related technical degree
- Prior experience as a software engineer
- Experience building dev tools for an Enterprise market
- Proven ability to understand enterprise requirements
- You have a background in pre-sales or solutions engineering
More about Atlassian
At Atlassian, we believe all teams have potential to do amazing things. From space travel and DNA sequencing, to video games and nonprofits, our mission is to unleash the potential in every team and help advance humanity through the power of software. Our products help teams collaborate, build software and serve their customers better. Over 112,000 large and small organizations use Atlassian's tracking, collaboration, communication, service management and development products to work smarter and deliver quality results on time. Our products serve teams of all shapes and sizes, across tens of millions of users in virtually every industry, and include Jira, Confluence, Stride, Trello, Bitbucket and Jira Service Desk.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .