Senior Product Manager, Media & Home Services at realtor.com
Who we are:
Realtor.com is your one stop shop for homebuyers, sellers, and dreamers, with comprehensive for-sale listings, insightful information, valuable tools and professional expertise. We’re excited and hungry to make a difference to the millions of people in the US who buy a home each year. Our aspiration starts with treating our home buyer as our focal point - we believe that delivering on experiences that truly help people through this seemingly difficult life event will lead us to continued and greater success as a company.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead the product strategy and roadmap for our Media & Home Services portfolio. You will be responsible for identifying, and creating, new experiences (powered by the biggest brands in the world) that help consumers throughout the homebuying journey.
Ideal candidates possess big-picture vision yet the drive and attention to detail to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time with consumers and customers and evangelizing their needs. You balance strategic thinking with outstanding execution holding yourself and your team accountable to delivering successful outcomes. You enjoy solving complex business problems at the core of a transformation of a leading digital real estate company. You are creative and capable of formulating bold product strategies. You have the aptitude to identify white space in the market, construct means to validate your ideas and can clearly articulate concepts to your team and stakeholders alike. You are a highly functioning self-starter who is seeking to make an impact on new markets.
You will work closely across stakeholders (located in offices across the US and Canada) across consumer experience, media and sales teams at realtor.com - focused on quickly proving or disproving business opportunities through rapid prototyping and MVP delivery. You will balance rapid validation activities with long term vision designed to scale and meet company revenue targets. You will leverage the scale and resources of a successful, well-known business combined with the nimbleness and forward-looking feel of a startup.
What We Like To See/Measure Of Success:
- Vision - You have an eye for great products, and advocate for new features with quantitative and qualitative reasoning
- Consumer & Customer Focus - You comprehend and advocate for the product and our consumers and customers; you bring strong empathy and experience driving product direction and execution based on pain points and opportunities.
- Planning - Lead cross-functional participation in planning and execution; direct product development toward the highest-ROI opportunities
- Decisive - You can translate ambiguous or conflicting inputs into solid action plans and precise requirements
- Influence - The ability to influence other product teams to prioritize both the tracking of critical data and the incorporation of new data science initiatives on their roadmap is a critical skill that the data science product manager must possess.
- Communication Skills - Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills; experience crafting epics, user stories, and tasks
- Attention to Detail - You sweat the small stuff, and you raise the team’s standards for quality and attention to detail
- Resilience - Part of building a whitespace product means moving fast, failing fast, & learning fast
- Innovation comes alive in product teams where diverse points of view come together to solve complex problems in ways that never could have happened before
- Our inclusive company culture is created through lived experiences. The uniqueness that each of us bring from our life experiences help shape the organization, and in turn the products that we create.
- Please be prepared to share how you will bring something unique and valuable to our product teams.
- 3-5+ years of product management experience at a leading technology company
- Prior experience on digital media solutions, publisher ad ecosystems, native advertising, branded content and/or programmatic advertising.
- Demonstrated experience in adopting product management best practices, standards and policies
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple deliverables and projects at once balancing short term revenue objectives with long term vision, sticking to deadlines
- Strategic thinker. Understands business objectives and converts them into clear product plans, follows through with execution.
- Analytical and results orientated. Uses hard data to assess opportunities, metrics driven, ruthless in prioritization, overcomes obstacles to drive business outcomes
- Comfortable with ambiguity and challenge. Thrives in a fast-paced environment, concurrently manages multiple initiatives, remains optimistic.
- Excellent communicator. Articulates the product strategy and roadmap, structures the problem at hand, experienced and comfortable gaining alignment and in presenting to senior executives.
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees that work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, 70 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices across Canada and the US and lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make home buying and selling easier, and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.