Senior Product Manager at realtor.com
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:22 a.m. (CST) on Sunday, April 5, 2020
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to help lead the product strategy and roadmap for our emerging line of business focused on ancillary real estate service industries, such as home insurance, title, moving, home improvement and other related services. You will be on a team focused on incubating new products, user experiences, and business models tailored to target the various real estate related industries.
Ideal candidates possess big-picture vision yet the drive and attention to detail to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time with customers and evangelizing their needs. You balance strategic thinking with outstanding execution holding yourself and your team accountable to delivering successful outcomes. You enjoy solving complex business problems at the core of a transformation of a leading digital real estate company. You are creative and capable of formulating bold product strategies. You have the aptitude to identify white space in the market, construct means to validate your ideas and can clearly articulate concepts to your team and stakeholders alike. You are a highly functioning self-starter who is seeking to make an impact on new markets.
You will work closely across stakeholders (located in offices across the US and Canada) across consumer experience, media and sales teams at realtor.com - focused on quickly proving or disproving business opportunities through rapid prototyping and MVP delivery. You will balance rapid validation activities with long term vision designed to scale and meet company revenue targets. You will leverage the scale and resources of a successful, well-known business combined with the nimbleness and forward-looking feel of a startup.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Define high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
- Translate business and customer needs into detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by data from conversations and usability tests with customers, prospects and internal stakeholders
- Collaborate gracefully with design, engineering, analytics and data science teams to deliver on the vision
- Lead initiatives across various product, marketing, finance, sales and success teams to ensure successful roll-out and support of new products. Conduct tests and experiments to validate or invalidate your assumptions and hypotheses
- Apply and execute design-thinking methodologies in a continuous delivery development process
What We Like to See/ Measures of Success:
- Vision - You have an eye for great products, and advocate for new features with quantitative and qualitative reasoning
- Customer Focus - You comprehend and advocate for the product and our customers; you bring strong customer empathy and experience driving product direction and execution based on customer pain points and opportunities.
- Planning - Lead cross-functional participation in planning and execution; direct product development toward the highest-ROI opportunities
- Decisive - You can translate ambiguous or conflicting inputs into solid action plans and precise requirements
- Influence - The ability to influence other product teams to prioritize both the tracking of critical data and the incorporation of new data science initiatives on their roadmap is a critical skill that the data science product manager must possess. Communication Skills - Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills; experience crafting epics, user stories, and tasks
- Attention to Detail - You sweat the small stuff, and you raise the team’s standards for quality and attention to detail
- Resilience - Part of building a whitespace product means moving fast, failing fast, & learning fast.
- 3-5+ years of product management experience at a leading technology company
- Demonstrated experience in adopting product management best practices, standards and policies
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple deliverables and projects at once balancing short term revenue objectives with long term vision, sticking to deadlines
- Strategic thinker. Understands business objectives and converts them into clear product plans, follows through with execution.
- Analytical and results orientated. Uses hard data to assess opportunities, metrics driven, ruthless in prioritization, overcomes obstacles to drive business outcomes
- Comfortable with ambiguity and challenge. Thrives in a fast-paced environment, concurrently manages multiple initiatives, remains optimistic.
- Excellent communicator. Articulates the product strategy and roadmap, structures the problem at hand, experienced and comfortable gaining alignment and in presenting to senior executives.
Diversity is important to us, therefore, realtor.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, realtor.com will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.
Read Full Job Description