Senior Product Manager at realtor.com
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Define high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
- Translate business and customer needs into detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by data from conversations and usability tests with customers, prospects and internal stakeholders
- Collaborate gracefully with design, engineering, analytics and data science teams to deliver on the vision
- Lead initiatives across various product, marketing, finance, sales and success teams to ensure successful roll-out and support of new products. Conduct tests and experiments to validate or invalidate your assumptions and hypotheses
- Apply and execute design-thinking methodologies in a continuous delivery development process
What We Like To See/Measure Of Success
- Vision - You have an eye for great products, and advocate for new features with quantitative and qualitative reasoning
- Customer Focus - You comprehend and advocate for the product and our customers; you bring strong customer empathy and experience driving product direction and execution based on customer pain points and opportunities.
- Planning - Lead cross-functional participation in planning and execution; direct product development toward the highest-ROI opportunities
- Decisive - You can translate ambiguous or conflicting inputs into solid action plans and precise requirements
- Influence - The ability to influence other product teams to prioritize both the tracking of critical data and the incorporation of new data science initiatives on their roadmap is a critical skill that the data science product manager must possess. Communication Skills - Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills; experience crafting epics, user stories, and tasks
- Attention to Detail - You sweat the small stuff, and you raise the team’s standards for quality and attention to detail
- Resilience - Part of building a whitespace product means moving fast, failing fast, & learning fast.
- 3-5+ years of product management experience at a leading technology company
- Demonstrated experience in adopting product management best practices, standards and policies
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple deliverables and projects at once balancing short term revenue objectives with long term vision, sticking to deadlines
- Strategic thinker. Understands business objectives and converts them into clear product plans, follows through with execution.
- Analytical and results orientated. Uses hard data to assess opportunities, metrics driven, ruthless in prioritization, overcomes obstacles to drive business outcomes
- Comfortable with ambiguity and challenge. Thrives in a fast-paced environment, concurrently manages multiple initiatives, remains optimistic.
- Excellent communicator. Articulates the product strategy and roadmap, structures the problem at hand, experienced and comfortable gaining alignment and in presenting to senior executives.