Senior Product Strategist & Designer
We’re on a mission to empower people to make better decisions through the fusion of machine and human intelligence. We’re solving some of the biggest problems troubling the modern consumer experience. Through our unique, data-driven AI platform, we’ve introduced a fresh approach to the way people make important decisions. As part of our team, you’d be helping to build technologies that will significantly advance the world’s largest consumer industries, starting with home buyers in the real estate industry.
We hope to have an opportunity to meet you, learn about your experience, and introduce you to the OJO team.
About the OJO Product Team
The OJO Customer Experience team is a collection of unique skills, passions and superpowers that together make us capable of defining the experience strategy and vision, then iteratively designing and teaming to build amazing cross-channel experiences for our customers. We highly value curiosity, innovative thinking, risk-taking, story-telling, measurement, analytics, and above all, a maniacal focus on our customer (the home buyer). To that end, CX Designers work very closely with the product, AI, engineering, and operations teams - collaborating with them every day to build experiences indistinguishable from magic. If you want to work in an incredibly fast paced and innovative environment, come join us!
Senior Product and Service Designer
OJO Labs is looking for a passionate and talented product and service designer. To be a great fit, you should enjoy solving challenging consumer-facing experience strategy and design problems to exceed user expectations and deliver ever-improving business metrics. As a core leader of the OJO Customer Experience team, you’ll work collaboratively with other strategists and designers, product and program managers, different engineering and operations teams, as well as our partners - to define overarching strategies and then bring the resulting solutions to life. While this role will define strategies and solutions across the overall OJO customer journey, initial attention and ownership will focus on the introduction of OJO and its capabilities to new customers within our digital app, integrated into our partner or search-driven experiences - on both mobile and desktop platforms.
You will own every aspect of the process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation, to partnering with product management and engineering to build them, to tweaking those last-minute pixels right before launch.
- Take large, complex and impactful business problems and define comprehensive but straightforward CX strategies via a human-centered design process - to answer them
- Effectively communicate these strategies to internal teams and partner stakeholders - conveying their mechanics and value - to gain alignment and drive their development
- Create a broad range of conceptual solution ideas that reflect those CX strategies and seamlessly fold into our existing experiences - via scenario-driven workflows and screen comps
- Evaluate and refine, via both ad-hoc and formal methods, with users, internal teams, and partners - to define both the ideal vision and immediately-deployable MVP solutions
- Own the design of the highest-priority experiences and flows that are simple, intuitive and elegant and partner with production designers to flesh-out the extent of the system
- Collaborate with product management to establish and execute solution roadmaps for progressive, experiment-based deployment
- Work side-by-side with engineering to develop the solutions via iterative sprint-based launch cycles
- Learn through performance metrics, customer interviews and usability testing - how to tune/improve the experiences and re-factor strategy and product roadmaps accordingly
Required skills and experience:
- Experience developing multi-channel product and service-based experience strategies
- Experience developing and delivering strategic vision for new products and services to deliver against business goals
- Experience leading customer/partner workshops to drive ideation and alignment
- Experience building and shipping customer-facing applications, software, and services
- Experience using Sketch and Invision to build mid and high-fidelity comps and prototypes
- Experience designing for both desktop and smartphones preferred
- Experience developing embedded tools and widgets within partner experiences
- Experience developing SEO/SEM-focused solutions that drive customer acquisition
- Wants the ball, can command the room, own the whiteboard, and roll up your sleeves to knock out the work
- Naturally curious and excited to learn, are always listening, and always have a strong POV
- Seeks feedback, happy to iterate, and enjoys collaborating with others
- 5+ years professional applied experience in agency and/or R&D setting
- 5+ years professional of interaction design experience
- 5+ years professional of visual design experience
- Professional experience designing for groups of people (accessibility for people with disabilities)
Who is OJO?
We are an Austin-based, early stage technology startup focused on fundamentally improving the way people make their most important decisions through the fusion of machine and human intelligence. With offices in both Austin, TX and Vieux Fort, St. Lucia, we have over 250 employees globally. We were recently named to the A-List by the Austin Chamber of Commerce and awarded Austin Inno’s “50 on Fire” award which recognizes the hottest startups in Austin. Backed by top-tier VC's and industry veterans, we have managed to hire the best technical, product and operational minds to pursue this incredible opportunity. We know we’re onto something big and every new hire we make will have a significant impact on our evolving product, team and culture.
What do we have to offer?
- You get to work with the best of the best
- A collaborative, respectful environment where your voice will always be heard
- Competitive Salaries
- Unlimited/Open PTO Policy
- New Modern SoCo Austin Office
- Dog-Friendly Workplace
- Commuter Stipend or Free Parking
- 70% Coverage of Employee and Dependent Health Premiums
- Promote from Within Philosophy
- Volunteer Program
- Optimum Workspace Subsidy
- Many More – We have a whole team dedicated to making OJO an awesome place to work!