Senior Technical Product Manager, Reliability and Production Engineering at WP Engine
Since launching in 2010, WP Engine has become the world's leading WordPress Digital Experience Platform (DXP), now with over 100,000 customers in 140 countries. We're proud of the technology and service we offer our customers that move their businesses forward faster. At WP Engine, we strive to do the best work of our careers, and feel empowered to do what is right for our customers. We love investing in employee success and uncovering opportunities for you, the best, to get better. 99 percent of employees believe you're made to feel welcome at WP Engine. Be you. Be here.
Are you passionate about building performant and powerful monitoring services and cutting edge diagnostic and troubleshooting systems? We are looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager who will continue to build and evolve Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) practices across WPE, create and refine measures and metrics for related systems, and identify and implement product improvements globally. Your work in this role will use industry concepts to directly prevent downtime for customers worldwide, while delivering customer-inspired features and product insights.
The mission of our team is to delight customers on the fastest, most reliable, managed WordPress infrastructure solutions in the world! We bring together tooling, infrastructure monitoring, and platform insights to proactively and scalably prevent customer issues, monitor WP Engine's fleet of cloud infrastructure services, and launch features aimed at continuously innovating our Platform. With SRE principles at the heart of our operation, diversity of knowledge and experience comes together for the benefit of our customers, team-members, and our business.What's cool about this job.
We work to design resilient, available, fast, and secure platform services that are multifaceted in scope and high-impact upon delivery. We drive continuous advancements and improvements through our product strategy, business proposition and technical direction to senior leadership. We seek new ways to deliver comprehensive managed WordPress hosting plans to customers, while improving the reliability, scalability, and performance of our Platform.The day to day.
- Obsess over our customers!
- Partner with engineering leadership to develop and drive our SRE monitoring, alerting and reporting roadmap, while continuously improving the stability, availability and effortless management of WPE's Cloud Services.
- Build plans to reduce undifferentiated heavy lifting (toil) for our engineering teams, while balancing the delivery of customer-value across the product roadmap.
- Groom and prioritize your product backlog effectively by leading negotiation and trade-off discussions with key partners.
- Write excellent user-stories, with thoughtful acceptance criteria, that can be translated into engineering features.
- Bachelor degree and/or equivalent experience in a field with a strong emphasis on technology (Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Analytics, Mathematics and/or Business).
- 3+ years of experience in the technology industry in engineering and/or Product Management teams.
- Deep Understanding of technical operations, incident management, and system monitoring solutions (servers, databases, logs, events, metrics, and applications).
- Demonstrated experience in software implementation life-cycle (Agile, Iterative and Incremental, Waterfall etc).
- Moderate to Expert excel or SQL operations and/or data analysis experience with large-scale datasets.
- Ability to communicate software product features, technical designs, and product strategy optimally to both technical and non-technical teams.
- Outstanding Verbal and Written communication skills.
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to push things over the finish line.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.The perks and benefits:
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn't like time off)
- Transportation (Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement)
- Lunch (Provided Tuesday – Thursday)
- Gym membership discount
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.