Technical Product Manager, The Edge at WP Engine
Since launching in 2010, WP Engine has become the world's leading WordPress Digital Experience Platform (DXP), now with over 100,000 customers in 140 countries. We're proud of the technology and service we offer our customers that move their businesses forward faster. At WP Engine, we strive to do the best work of our careers, and feel empowered to do what is right for our customers. We love investing in employee success and uncovering opportunities for you, the best, to get better. 99 percent of employees believe you're made to feel welcome at WP Engine. Be you. Be here.
The Edge team is what separates our platform from internal systems and from the rest of the world! WPE is looking for a Technical Product Owner to modernize our current systems while anticipating the next level benefits that we can provide. This role is a key member of a team that determines how the WP Engine platform interacts internally, with our customers and with the internet itself! You will be involved in the complete software development life-cycle, seeing your user stories into a finished product in an agile environment. This will require a high degree of collaboration among highly-talented, cross-functional and geographically-dispersed development teams.
On the Edge, we balance scalability, performance and access with security to provide our customers with the fastest and most secure WordPress Digital Experience Platform.What's cool about this job.
- Partner with Product Management to layout and execute a roadmap that drives towards product vision and supports corporate priorities.
- Be embedded with the engineering team that supports your roadmap in order to design, schedule and deliver customer-inspired solutions.
- Work with our internal partners to fully understand the impact of changes to their organizations and systems.
- Partner with representatives from both Security and Architecture to ensure that our systems are both secure and "Built to Last".
A Product Manager's day at WPE is almost never predetermined and that's what makes it so exciting. Whether it's answering questions from customers directly or coordinating with internal partners, you can be guaranteed that your day isn't going to end how you thought it would. That being said, there are some expectations:
- Participate in Scrum meetings such as grooming, planning, review and retrospective.
- Break down features into workable items.
- Working with both business and technical partners to clear ambiguities
- Prioritize operational interrupt work against previously planned deliverables.
- Ensure that there is baseline data available and that metrics are available to support decisions within the scope of the product
- Understanding of software development platforms, web platforms, databases and/or software-defined infrastructure.
- Understanding of how developers and engineers monitor their systems, servers, databases, logs, events, metrics, and applications.
- Demonstrated results of influencing partners in a highly-matrix cross-functional organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in software implementation life-cycle (Agile, Iterative and Incremental, Waterfall etc.)
- Are customer-inspired, with an obsession for delivering great user experiences!
- Hold an uncanny ability to build trust and rapport with internal and external partners.
- Groom and prioritize your product backlog effectively, leading negotiation and trade-off discussions with key partners.
- Outstanding Verbal and Written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate software product features, technical designs, and product strategy effectively to both technical and non-technical teams.
- High attention to detail and experience leading multiple, contending priorities simultaneously.
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
- Celebrate the success of your team both internally and with leadership.
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn't like time off)
- Transportation (Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement)
- Lunch (Provided Tuesday – Thursday)
- Gym membership discount
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.