Technical Product Manager- Experiences at Gecko Robotics
Who We Are:
Gecko Robotics (Gecko) is focused on protecting and maintaining civilizations' most critical infrastructure, with machines and platforms.
Traditional manual maintenance is dangerous, slow and reactive. Gecko’s solutions improve safety and speed (10x) while gathering more data (1000x) to predict infrastructure failures before they happen.
Gecko services customers across the USA and internationally primarily in the Oil & Gas, Power Generation and Pulp & Paper markets.
Job At A Glance
The Technical Product Manager of Experiences will own and build product experiences that will be part of the core product -- Gecko Nest. This person will be one of the founding members of a new product, building user experiences and APIs that will digitally transform the industries that power our society today. This is an opportunity to lead integrations and build "command centers" for our customers by utilizing the first of its kind Robot-as-a-service (RaaS) data and mapping assets to drive decisions for our customers. By utilizing our data, our customers are empowered to become more efficient, increase utilization of their assets, and most importantly, increase safety by maintaining civilization's most critical infrastructure.
What You Will Do
- Define and deliver a product vision and strategy.
- Work directly with customers to understand their pain points and disseminate customer empathy across all product stakeholders.
- Seek the understanding of the customer and ruthlessly prioritizes for impact.
- Synthesize feedback from several stakeholders and lead engineers to solve for the right “it”.
- Define, document, and communicate customer use cases, scenarios and needs.
- Engage at a deep technical level with customers to understand their current workflows, gaps, and data challenges.
- Inform and educate stakeholders on existing and future functionality.
- Maximize productivity in a constantly changing environment of shifting priorities.
- Define a set of KPIs to measure customer satisfaction and business impact with the ability to analyze them and utilize them in decision making processes.
- Integrate analytics, data science and research into your methodology.
What Gecko Is Looking For
A successful product background:
- Proven track record of high achievement embedded with world class engineering teams.
- A proven track record in generating substantial business impact based on products they have worked on.
- Someone who has shown a strong product delivery process through iteration.
An influencer of product and people:
- A team player -- humble, high EQ, and hard working.
- Strong communicator in both oral and written formats.
- Detail oriented and thrives in an environment with ever changing priorities.
- Ability to synthesize big picture goals into small actionable tasks.
- Experience working with customers on new problems.
- At least two years of product management experience
- Extensive experience with data hierarchy and data models. Ability to work with customers on understanding their data structures and what will scale across platforms.
- Three years as an Engineer, Web Developer, Data Scientist or Analyst.
- Capable of using modern web data tools.
- Extremely comfortable working with SQL queries.
- Understanding of the engineering development process.
- Product experience building UI experiences from scratch in Data or Machine Learning space/industry (Have seen strong transitions from other industries in product).
- Engineering or STEM degree.
- Previous experience with Agile/Scrum Methodology
- Experience with Product insight and roadmapping tools like Aha, Product Plan, Jira, ProductBoard, Craft, etc.
- High growth startup experience is highly preferred.
- B2B experience is highly preferred.
- Familiarity with modern Web tools in our stack such as, Django, React, PostgreSQL, Python, Flask, public clouds (GCP preferred or AWS), is highly preferred.