Workplace Search - Senior Product Manager at Elastic
Elastic is looking for an outstanding product mind to join the Workplace Search product team and help define the future of search in the workplace. Workplace Search is a new kind of enterprise search product that allows employees to search over the vast amount of information they use to do their jobs — everything from documents in Google Drive to customer contacts in Salesforce to support requests in Zendesk. As a Senior Product Manager on our team, your job will be to define and help the team execute the features needed to deliver a premier search solution for employees in the modern workplace.
In practical terms, this means spending hours working to understand how search can improve the efficiency of modern workers. Understanding where people do their work, how groups collaborate, how information ages over time, and how all of these factors interact and affect our ability to search for, discover, and recall the information we need. The need for this kind of technology is increasingly ubiquitous among businesses of all sizes, and there is no such thing as a dull day in such a thriving market. Your role is to make sense of it all and support our hardworking design and engineering teams in delivering the best search product on the market.What You Will Be Doing
- Working alongside the Design and Engineering teams, you will define product features and initiatives across the Workplace Search product.
- Thanks to your affinity for polished user experiences, you will lead the necessary conversations as it relates to design, wireframing and prototyping, and maintain an iterative approach to feature design and implementation.
- Beyond product development, you will support Sales and Product Marketing efforts related to the Workplace Search product, including competitive analysis, marketing collateral, and demand generation activities.
- You will gather market data, customer feedback, customer usage data, and other key information to develop product insights and help drive the product roadmap.
- You will directly support customer initiatives by engaging with the most hardworking customers in the search industry, helping you understand their needs better, and helping them push the technology to a whole new level.
- You will independently measure critical metrics, which will drive process improvements and future product features, and take action on this data with great autonomy.
- 3 years of experience in Product Management, preferably in a developer-focused product environment.
- Working knowledge of SaaS and/or IaaS product domains, including common design patterns, workflows, and delivery mechanisms.
- A deep understanding of cloud-based product APIs, authentication methods, and general web application technology.
- Experience writing web applications.
- Outstanding spoken and written communication skills.
- Empathy for customer challenges and needs, turning them into opportunities in the short and long-term.
- Experience building customer value and highlighting competitive differentiation through packaging and pricing.
- Experience crafting high-quality sales and customer-facing content including presentations and web copy as well as guiding the product marketing team with their long-term content strategy.
- Direct product management experience building search and/or modern workplace productivity products is helpful but not required.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving — we match up to 1% of your salary
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Elasticsearch, Inc. (“Elastic”) which is located at 800 W. El Camino Real, Suite 350 Mountain View, CA 94040 USA, and can be contacted by emailing [email protected] Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Elastic’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Elastic, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment. Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Elastic to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Elastic’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at [email protected] Elastic’s data protection officer is Daniela Duda, who can be contacted at [email protected] We plan to keep your data until our open role is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period ended when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you. When that period is over, we may keep your data for an additional period no longer than 3 years in case additional opportunities present themselves in which yours skills might be better suited. For additional details, please see our Elastic Privacy Statement https://www.elastic.co/legal/privacy-statement.