Agile Project Manager - Software Development
The Program Management Team at Duo is a multifaceted team dedicated to both excellence in software delivery and excellence as an organization.
This position is for an Agile Project Manager, who is both a project manager and Scrum Master for two of our Engineering teams. This person will be our first Agile Project Manager in the Austin office and will partner with our Ann-Arbor based project managers to build out processes and standard methodologies with our Austin teams.
What you’ll do…
- Work with Engineering teams as a Scrum master and Project Manager to lead work and facilitate our software development process.
- Bi-weekly Sprint Planning, backlog grooming, status reporting, and retrospectives.
- Identify inbound and outbound dependencies across the organization and coordinate work across teams
- Partner with Engineering Managers to accomplish the high-level goals of their teams. Keep track of and report status, raise issues, and ensure effective collaboration between multiple groups.
- Help drive organizational change in a fast-growing company. We are always looking to improve the ways we work, and you’ll use your experience and ideas to instill best practices that make us more effective.
- Take on any challenge or task that can help your teams deliver high quality successful features. That might mean facilitating an offsite, speaking on the team’s behalf, or things we haven’t thought of yet! You’ll be flexible and able to adapt to the changing nature of our company.
Skills you have…
- Must have: 2+ years as a scrum master working with software developers
- 5+ years project management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in technical field is preferred
- PMP Certification (or equivalent experience/knowledge) and Certified Scrum Master Certification preferred.
- You have experience with cross-team collaboration and proven the ability to establish relationships across teams.
- You take initiative to make positive, measurable changes in your organization. You are extremely organized with world-class communication skills, both verbal and written.
- You are able to quickly learn new things and tackle new challenges. You’re flexible and a creative problem solver.
- SaaS experience is a bonus
3 Reasons why you should apply…
- This position will have a hand in shaping the way the team works and delivers software as we continue growing at a rapid pace.
- You’ll be asked to take on new and unknown challenges to support the team - if that interests you, this position may be a great fit
- You put people before process
This job may not be for you if...
- If you're a project manager, but haven't been a scrum master for agile development teams
- If the pace of a fast-moving, growth phase company makes you uncomfortable, or if you need a lot of well-established policies and procedures before you can make decisions and drive results, this might not be the best role for you.
- If you’re uncomfortable leading, facilitating, and speaking in front of groups, this may not be a good fit
We are Duo, and we’re here to democratize security for everyone. Our mission is to protect the mission of our customers like Facebook, Twitter, and Etsy by making security simple.
We’re a diverse crew of makers and builders, skaters and coders, filmmakers and DJ’s, teachers and students brought together by a shared belief in adding value to the world. This diversity allows us to bring an empathetic approach to solve some of the most complex global business and security challenges faced today.
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the distinct contributions that everyone brings in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.