Global Alliances Manager at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the department
Channel Account Managers, Account Executives, Business Development Representatives, Solution Engineers, Customer Success, and Sales Operations - all working together help our customers adopt Cloudflare and create great Internet-enabled experiences. The sales team at Cloudflare helps customers solve real, technical problems while creating the revenue streams that help the company provide free service to millions in our community.
We are looking for a dynamic Global Alliance Manager to develop Cloudflare Alliance partners in the Americas focused on Global Systems Integrators (GSI’s), plus some of the Emerging Regional SI’s. You will have the opportunity to leverage leadership, motivational and strategic business skills to make an impact and help customers enable secure transformation to the cloud. The ideal candidate will have significant experience generating new enterprise business through alliances and developing new growth opportunities for Cloudflare. This is your opportunity to join a red hot, fast growing, market leading, cloud security company. If you want to experience explosive growth and be given the responsibility and challenge to impact a company’s success, this is the opportunity for you.
What you'll do
- Establish effective working relationships with the Alliance Partner, Cloudflare Sales Leadership and Account Managers, Marketing and Support teams
- Develop a core understanding of the unique business needs of prospects and customers within the Partners’ respective fields of specialty and expertise
- Develop three (3) year Global Alliance partner strategy plan that clearly demonstrates a plan to that delivers profitable growth to Cloudflare that outpaces the market
- Develop and maintain detailed working knowledge of SI partner’s service offering portfolio and leverage Cloudflare’s strengths to fill partner portfolio gaps and improve partner’s ability to compete
- Build and develop durable executive relationships resulting in a delighted partner and delighted customers
- Own, influence, and orchestrate relationships within the partner Offering teams that can help drive Cloudflare offerings and strategic positioning
- Facilitate engagement between Cloudflare product management teams and SI partner to support joint solution development
- Identify and drive joint offering opportunities and placement of Cloudflare technologies as partner acknowledged standards
- Understand Systems Integrator's service offerings and service delivery financial models and constraints, and lead effort to develop custom financial models for Cloudflare products when needed
- Responsible for overall pricing strategy with GSI partner and decision support analysis for pricing and discounting decisions
- Support large joint deals when necessary
- Enable and train extended Alliance teams on key sales plays and provide global deal coordination
- Facilitate legal requests and manage contract negotiations
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience, ideally in the following disciplines: business development/alliances; partner sales at a leading high-tech company; enterprise sales
- Systems Integrator experience required; preferably within the security practices of the large GSI’s.. Any Service Provider experience a plus.
- Technical skills including the ability to understand (1) product roadmaps; (2) market conditions and factors; and (3) complex partner requirements
- Track record of exceptional performance at past roles
- Ability to think strategically and translate strategy into execution plans
- Ability to influence and build consensus with people across all levels and functions with a sense of urgency
- Experience negotiating complex agreements in a timely manner
- Crisp and effective communication skills, including significant experience presenting to senior executives
- Ability to convey a shared vision to build buy-in for an idea or concept
- Strong knowledge of the Networking, Security and Cloud industries
- Strong knowledge of Cloudflare products and processes preferred
- Must be willing to travel including attendance at all business reviews and ad hoc meetings.
- Demonstrate leadership that promotes and exemplifies the highest levels of teamwork, personal accountability, and mutual support to the SI.
- Success selling complex solutions (preferably in SaaS environments) both to & through Service Providers.
- Organized & Disciplined, and a 'do what it takes' attitude.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Prior experience with network transformation technologies and any past history working in early stage technology start-ups.
- Superb organizational skills and demonstrated history outlining and establishing sales strategies.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.