Implementation and Training Consultant
As an Implementation and Training Consultant, your overall responsibility is to plan and successfully implement Compeat software solutions into customer enterprises to allow the customer to maintain and develop their own internal training programs and software processes and procedures. Implementation Consultants support the Implementation Project Managers in helping Compeat meet and exceed customer expectations.
What you bring to the table:
- Knowledge and expertise in the restaurant or software industries is preferred, along with a passion for exceeding customer expectations.
- You are comfortable with change and bring a flexible attitude in all you do.
- You have the energy and frame of mind to work in a company that maintains the heart of a startup while building the mind and muscle of an enterprise company.
- You desire a work environment with a culture that thrives on innovation and execution.
- You have COGS experience and are able to communicate and demonstrate expertise in COGS; you have implemented and/or managed a COGS system, including inventory and recipe modules; managed actual versus theoretical and the impact on the P&L.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Become proficient in the areas of implementing and training Compeat software solutions including Accounting, Inventory, Labor, Schedule, Hire, Payroll, and Manager Log.
- Act in a consultative manner to extend Compeat software best practices as it relates to restaurant and bar industry operations to help the customer achieve their goals.
- Organize, prepare, and facilitate both group and one on one training courses for Compeat software solutions.
- Use training event feedback mechanisms to make recommendations for training improvement, and integrate changes in curriculum and/or courses and continuously refine and improve efficiency of the implementation process.
- Maintain communication with support and data departments to ensure proper integrations of point-of-sale systems and accounting data migrations
- Liaise with customers, suppliers, partners, and vendors where necessary.
- Engage in departmental performance review with Manager and assist in development of strategies to increase training and implementation revenue.
- Manage customer expectations, anticipate possible issues and communicate turnaround times with reasonable delivery dates.
- Maintain accurate and organized project notes using our CRM software. Be able to navigate a project effectively and maintain reports to track actionable tasks.
- Communicate software problems and issues to software development and support teams
- Research and resolve customer training questions regarding software system and process issues
- Report any major customer issues or concerns to the T&I Manager
- Keep personal skills and software knowledge up to date, including but not limited to Compeat software solution upgrades, IT skills, computer software, etc.
- Act as a coach and mentor for others
Desired Personal Attributes:
- Strong Communicator – excellent written communication skills.
- Professional and friendly telephone presence.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Agile learner adept at working in a dynamic and unstructured environment.
- Great sense of humor, and someone who does not take themselves too seriously.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3+ years of restaurant operations experience
- Comfortable reading restaurant sales reports and P&L's.
- Experience with Inventory and Recipe management.
- Familiarity with at least one major POS system (Aloha, Micros, Toast, etc).
- Familiarity with Basic Word and Excel functions.
- Business Acumen
- Organizational skills
- Strong analytical skill-set and ability to effectively use data for strategy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical personnel
- Ability to listen, clarify and respond well to questions
- High level of productivity, reliability, responsibility, attendance, dependability, and accuracy/thoroughness
- Ability to take initiative to meet challenges with resourcefulness and new innovative approaches while maintaining a high level of quality
- Must possess a passion for teamwork, client service and reaching business results through problem solving
- Must be able to quickly sort through complex subject material
- Ability to operate and make timely decisions in an ambiguous, fast-paced atmosphere
- Must be self – motivated and innovative and maintain high levels of energy through multiple back to back training calls
- Associates or bachelor’s degree
In exchange for your hard work you can expect to work in a fun casual environment that cultivates creative thinking and teamwork. You will liaise with lots of fun restaurant clients and assist everyone from restaurant managers to CEOs. You will learn about analyzing a restaurant from financial and operational perspectives. We believe in a work-life balance. We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Come join us and have some fun!