Lead Program Manager at WP Engine
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.What's cool about this job.
WP Engine's Creative team is looking for a multifaceted individual to lead the Project Management team, processes, and operations of our cross-functional creative team. Our fast-growing team is looking to level up our workflow, organization, and systems to match the needs of our business. As our lead program manager, you will own creating the systems and processes that help our creative team focus on what they do best—ensuring design matters by building beautiful, functional campaigns and creative work for our company!
We are looking for a strategic role to lead our project management team, establishing operational standards and workflows across programs and projects on the creative team. This role will partner closely with the Creative Director to align our creative workflow to the business needs of the digital marketing department. This role is essential in ensuring that we are built for growth and that our production work can scale with the needs of our digital and product marketing teams.The day to day.
- Support the Creative team to deliver successful projects for the Digital Marketing team and our internal partners
- Continuously seek out ways to improve the processes, standard methodologies, and culture of the Creative team
- Supervise project managers and act as an escalation point when needed to communicate with partners and leadership
- Lead and mentor a team of project managers to help nurture their program management knowledge
- Lead strategic alignment of our creative workflow to the priorities of our digital marketing department
- Collaborate to build, implement, and orchestrate dozens of projects with a cross-functional team of designers, developers, and photo/video producers
- Develop a resource management process to provide a clear view of team capacity that supports project estimation and talent allocation
- Coordinate with team managers, project managers, and business partners to align project goals and landmarks with business strategy objectives
- Lead cross-org project roadmap planning and special projects coordinating with the SVP, Digital and other digital leads
- Develop, document, and optimize project lifecycle and creative processes
- Develop and manage tools that provide insight on program status, team health, and operational efficiency to creative leadership
- Assist in planning and execution for creative team communications, cross-department status reports, executive reviews, etc
- Contribute to a culture of collaboration and communication by defining consistent structure for team rituals and meetings as well as establishing communities of practice for skills and interest sharing
- Establish and manage expectations and relationships with cross-functional business partners
- Help identify and mitigate project risks
- Help identify roles and responsibilities required for a variety of projects
- Identify interdependencies across various projects and teams
- Proven success in program management and project management
- Experience as an empowered cross-functional leader
- Thorough understanding of project management techniques and methodologies
- Familiarity with design, creative, and development methods, and processes
- Ability to collect, lead, and communicate with quantitative and qualitative data
- Ability to identify, prioritize, and find timely problem resolution to critical challenges in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Robust communication skills with business partners and individual contributors
- Passionate about creating an environment where people can thrive and have fun, while getting stuff done!
- Strong sense of urgency and high attention to detail
- High emotional intelligence, including the ability to inspire and influence peers
- Ability respond to ambiguous and changing environments with calm, intentional focus and a clear problem-solving mindset
- 5+ years of experience in a creative agency or in-house creative/design/marketing department in a relevant role (relevant roles include Producer, Program Manager, Creative Operations, Design Operations, or Project Management)
- 2-3 years developing teams or leading people a plus
- Sophisticated level experience with Jira and Confluence
- WordPress, Hosting platform experience a plus
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn’t like time off)
- Transportation (Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement)
- Lunch (Provided Monday – Thursday)
- Gym membership discount
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.