Principal Global Expansion Manager at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
As BigCommerce expands internationally, we are passionate about finding a strategic leader to shepherd cross-functional teams through this critical period of growth. Do you love solving problems, building scalable structure, and influencing cross-functional collaboration? Are you motivated by strategic, complex, high value growth initiatives that help a business scale?
Reporting to the Director of Strategy & Analytics, we are looking to hire a Senior Program Manager to oversee the execution of our international expansion efforts. This person will bring business acumen and industry experience to BC to help us stand up and operationalize scalable frameworks for expansion.
The ideal candidate is able to quickly build trust with a wide variety of stakeholders and leverage operational expertise to drive change. Leveraging a mix of practical experience, interpersonal skills, financial acumen, SaaS know-how, operational savvy, process improvement, and analytical thinking, this leader will be instrumental in driving decision making and positive organizational change.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee the program for international expansion and shepherd the company through high value organizational change to drive this strategic growth initiative
- Author and implement strategic frameworks for gaining and maintaining alignment cross-functionally on roadmaps for product & engineering teams, business development teams, general & administrative teams, and executives
- Create and oversee a rhythm for engaging stakeholders across the business to identify, scope and monitor the execution of international initiatives using frameworks
- Develop an engaging set of processes and controls with stakeholders and executives that encourages agile problem-solving, aligned decisions on investments, and quickly escalates risks and roadblocks to drive mitigation plans with positive outcomes
- Organize productive, detailed working session agendas to drive desired outcomes and hold teams accountable to follow ups
- Effectively distill executive presentations to drive decisions, thoughtfully tailoring the message for the audience
- Build exceptionally strong partnerships with stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of the business, opportunities, and risks. Key stakeholders include:
- SVP and EMEA/APAC General Managers for International Expansion for strategy
- Strategic Operations to continually update financial models to reflect impacts of business decisions, and size growth opportunities for the executive team
- Product and Product Marketing to assess and monitor country entry viability and readiness, ensuring the Product roadmap is aligned to business plans
- Sales, Marketing, and Business Development leaders to ensure go-to-market strategies are aligned, within budget, and timed appropriately
- G&A teams to thoughtfully layer in opex requirements to the economic model once technical and business teams have locked in their strategies
- Build and maintain scalable, repeatable processes for future expansion to ensure this strategic initiative matures into an integral part of BC’s annual planning process
- Draw on experience aligning cross-functional teams towards common goals (ie OKRs, etc)
Who You Are
- 9+ years of experience in management consulting, strategic program management, product marketing, change management, or SaaS business operations
- A bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Business Administration, Finance, Statistics, Economics) preferred. MBA a plus.
- Experience in SaaS or the tech sector strong preference, as well as previous experience with global expansion initiatives
- Experience using a variety of tools like JIRA, Confluence, and G Suite strong plus.
- Experience coaching teams in an Agile delivery organization and familiarity with Agile principles and practices required.
- Agile development, process improvement/quality certifications a plus (e.g. PMP, ScrumMaster, Lean or Six Sigma), technical PM experience not required.
- Demonstrated experience and comfort facilitating and owning all aspects of large cross-functional meetings, strong business acumen, and organizational agility
- Proven ability to influence without authority up, down, and across the organization
- A positive, goal-oriented collaborator who is flexible to pivot a project’s tactics in real time when a more efficient path becomes clear or an immovable roadblock appears
- Change manager who maintains repositories, communicates status updates, escalates risks with resolution plan, upcoming milestones, and recent releases to leadership teams
- Continuous improvement attitude; ability to seek out and implement internal or external best practices, to problem-solve in ambiguous situations, to thoughtfully earn trust
- Exceptionally driven with a insatiable curiosity for business improvement
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings