Principal Program Manager - Technologist Employee Experience at Realtor.com
At realtor.com®, we are building products that empower millions of home buyers, renters, sellers, and industry professionals such as brokers, agents and lenders. We aim to radically simplify the home buying/selling process, and enable more people to realize their dream of home ownership. To help us be a world-class technology team capable of achieving this mission, we are looking for a passionate Principal Program Manager to create and lead our Technologist Employee Experience program.
As our technology team scales, we must continue strengthening our People-first experiences including how we attract, retain and grow technologist talent along the employee lifecycle. Our CTO and HR teams are partnering to create this high-impact employee lifecycle and we are looking for a dynamic leader to accelerate our progress. The ideal candidate must have great collaboration, communication and team building skills coupled with a strong motivation to drive outcomes to a successful outcome. The successful candidate will be a hands-on leader, ensuring flawless planning and execution of employee lifecycle programs in partnership with a variety of HR teams, while also launching new talent programs that will make technologists at all levels more successful in their roles.
The Principal Program Manager, Technologist Employee Experience will report directly to the VP of Technology Strategy and will be integrated into the technology team so that they can build the programs needed to amplify the tech employee lifecycle. This role will rely heavily on partners in Talent Acquisition, University Recruiting, On-Boarding, Learning and Development and other teams within HR to bring this rich lifecycle to life.
How You Will Spend Your Time
You will partner closely with teams across HR to leverage HR initiatives, and to bring a technology specific lens to them in order to impact the entire technology organization. This will range from partnering with Talent Acquisition to build a robust tech hiring pipeline (including university and experienced hiring), to building a high-impact tech on-boarding experience with our HR on-boarding team, creating a strong internal mobility mindset and platform across tech, and will also include how we invest in growing our awesome tech talent in partnership with Learning and Development. To ensure that you deeply understand the technologist experience, you will also partner with passionate engineers who will act as thought partners on the programs you are developing and driving.
In addition to enhancing our current employee lifecycle programs and bringing a tech lens to them, you will also embrace a learning mindset - where you invest in learning from our internal HR teams, as well as externally - so that you can run pilots and launch new, durable programs to enhance the tech employee lifecycle. We are looking for new ways of doing things, and we want you to be the catalyst.
This role will include:
- Developing, delivering and continuously improving upon tech specific people programs including creating a new tech onboarding program, refining the technologist role matrix for growth, and creating internal feedback and internal mobility programs for technologists in partnership with HR and small teams of technologists as thought partners.
- Defining the technology hiring strategy and process with Talent Acquisition and other teams within HR, to include experienced professional, university and diversity hiring needs.
- Ensuring the success of our future of work strategy to include driving pilots as needed to understand the best approach for realtor.com technologists to successfully adjust to our new hybrid work approach, and defining what the return to work experience will look like and feel like for both remote and hybrid technologists.
- Partnering with the technology leadership team and HR to develop programs that will ensure our remote technologists’ effectiveness, while thinking proactively about all HR programs through this lens to include how we onboard new technologists, on-going training for technology managers on managing remotely etc.
- Partnering with our tech HRBPs as needed to deliver the HR strategy for the engineering organization.
Working with the Marketing, Communications and Brand teams to ensure that we have a strong external presence to attract technologists to our teams.
- Gathering external benchmarks so that we can learn from others and bring best practices into our tech culture.
Who You Are:
- 10+ years in program management; this could be technical in nature or as a program manager who has worked in a technology organization
- Creative driver with a strong background in people-related program management and/or building community
- A data-driven leader who uses data along with deep listening skills to learn from others, form plans and drive outcomes
- A natural change agent who builds trust and relationships with ease, and who understands the power of good communications
- Exceptional ability to define, plan, motivate and execute outcomes, creating energy and results in those you need support from to achieve these outcomes
- A disciplined planner, strong driver and highly collaborative leader who has proven experience working cross-functionally in highly matrixed organizations to deliver outcomes and to drive change
- Demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives and managing stakeholders
- Decisive when needed with strong verbal and written communication including demonstrated capabilities in leading meetings and workshops, and creating presentation materials
- Fluency in program management tools especially virtual collaboration tools such as Trello, Mural and Smartsheets
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
As a part of our team, you’ll engage with an amazing and inclusive group of teammates and leaders, learn and innovate, have a huge impact, and have a great time doing it. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment and have a desire to grow yourself while making a meaningful impact on our business and users, then make the move!
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.