About Kendra Scott:
We are a fun, talented and driven team dedicated to providing our customers with gorgeous products and a WOW! experience. Family, fashion and philanthropy are at the core of our company and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a family-oriented work environment and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging lifestyle brand across all channels, including retail stores, wholesale accounts and e-commerce. Our headquarters are located in the heart of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
We have an exciting career opportunity to join the Kendra Scott Procurement team as principal liaison for suppliers within the procure-to-pay process! Our ideal candidate is analytical and business-minded with a passion for teamwork and collaboration.
• Act as liaison between suppliers and Kendra Scott and oversee communication between the two
• Execute commodity strategies and roadmaps
• Provide leadership and technical expertise to implement and improve the supply chain process
• Locate and recommend suppliers of materials, components and services with the responsibility of creating and maintaining a competitive market and reducing cost
• Identify, communicate and report on cost savings targets and KPIs
• Implement plans to achieve departmental priorities
• Seek to understand and support broader company objectives
• Be the primary point of contact between the business units and its suppliers.
• Partner cross functionally to understand existing purchasing activities and suppliers.
• Partner cross functionally to identify purchasing needs to ensure timely and accurate ordering, delivery and inventory levels.
Sourcing Strategy & Vendor Management
• Recommend and implement systems and procedures which reduce inventory and lead-time, increase purchasing efficiency and reduce cost
• Conduct supplier evaluations for source selection to include risk, quality, delivery and price Lead the supplier's surveys, assessment, financial analysis and capacity ramp capabilities to reduce risk
• Evaluate regional low cost and high cost markets for specific commodities
• Prepare ordering requirements for purposes of bid solicitation
• Evaluate quoted prices by price and/or cost analysis and prepare a formal and comparative bid abstract
• Award purchase orders for products in accordance with established policies and procedures including legal requirement, while seeking maximum value for dollar expenditures
• Monitor pricing for all supplies to forecast expenses and optimize suppliers
• Participate in budgeting/forecasting process for indirect supplies expense
• Manage production and flow of supplies and collateral and partner with distribution and departments for allocation and timely arrival/delivery of all supplies
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• 3-5 years’ experience in customer service, vendor management, supplier relations, procurement, etc.; print and/or print media purchasing experience is preferred
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Experience with manufacturing processes, MRP II, material and production control systems
• Proficiency reading engineering drawings and specifications
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
• Ability to make quick and confident decisions in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Customer-driven focus with a creative solution driven mindset
• Ability to communicate successfully to various levels including executive, peer, manager and vendor groups
• Proven ability to create a function from the ground up with capacity to be both a strategic thinker and executer
• Proven excellence in written and verbal communication skills
• A strong ability to build cross functional partnerships and work collaboratively
• A growth mindset: desire to learn, grow and embrace new ideas
• A shared appreciation for our 3 core values of Family, Fashion and Philanthropy