Program Manager - Vulnerability Management at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Role
Security at Cloudflare is a focused team committed to helping secure both Cloudflare and our customers. This position will focus on vulnerability management across the entire company, requiring deep cross functional discovery skills and a holistic understanding of the larger picture. In this role, you will:
- Work closely with Product and Engineering leadership to define Cloudflare’s product roadmap for our customers, focusing specifically on innovation opportunities in the Security space
- Synthesize audacious ideas and concepts into executable program / project plans (PRDs, design specs, roadmaps, budgets, resource planning, etc)
- Lead conversations with key internal and external stakeholders to make tough decisions, prioritize requirements, estimate work efforts, define milestones, identify dependencies, evaluate and mitigate risks, triage and debug issues large and small, breakthrough communication issues, and maintain alignment and morale between all teams and stakeholders
- Proactively remove obstacles by managing issue escalations and scope changes
- Partner with engineering on the technical implementation at the architecture level; you must be able to articulate the technical design, challenges, and risks
- Understand our products deeply from a technical and business perspective; develop broad domain and technical knowledge
- Act as a bridge and connector for the company on Security priorities and standards
- Continuously improve and scale processes to increase effectiveness of the Security organization. Create a living repository of program / project / product / process frameworks, tools, and best practices
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Ideally looking for someone with interest in program / product management
- Exceptional empathy and integrity. Demonstrated success in earning trust across a broad variety of stakeholders and making principled decisions
- Technical aptitude and ability to understand technical designs and participate in technical discussions. Engineers want to work closely with you
- Ability to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions
- Able to wear multiple hats without losing sight of the big picture. Can solve problems creatively yet keep large cross-functional teams organized and on track
- Familiar or interest in at least one of the following: software development lifecycle (SDLC), project management methodologies (e.g. Agile, Scrum), tools (Confluence, JIRA)
- Experience in or desire to work with multiple time zones and multiple cross functional teams
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare hires the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities and effectiveness. We don't discriminate against employees on the basis of any other personal characteristic or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.