Senior Manager of Program Management
Duo Security, now a part of Cisco, is the leading provider of Trusted Access security and multi-factor authentication delivered through the cloud.
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place. We believe in empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office and enable every employee to bring their whole self to work.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it. Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
The Sr. Manager of Program Management will be responsible for building a project management office that scales with a rapidly growing global organization. This individual will be responsible for managing and coordinating project and program management services across Product Development teams. The role interacts with Product Development leadership to craft a project management strategy and supporting processes that align with business objectives. The role is also responsible for developing robust programs for use throughout the organization to drive effective delivery.
The ideal candidate will be an expert in project management systems and methodologies (specifically agile/scrum at scale), but not be reliant on a one-size-fits-all approach. This individual will drive continuous improvement for our Product Development organization and make program and project management competitive advantages for Duo.
What you’ll do…
- Continuous development of the Project and Program Management team; developing the skills and experience necessary to deliver projects at Enterprise scale. Develop career paths for team members based on industry best practices. Consistently challenge the team to learn and grow in their careers.
- Build and maintain alignment across multiple teams to maintain focus on execution, continuous improvement, and operational excellence.
- Provide clarity on the progress of initiatives to stakeholders at multiple levels throughout the organization.
- Act as an advisor to senior Product Development leadership in the areas of planning, prioritization, risk management, and team communications.
- Act as Program Management champion across the organization.
Skills you have…
- Minimum 8 years leadership experience in a SaaS, security, or software development environment.
- Minimum 5 years experience in project or program management in a SaaS, security, or software development environment.
- Highly participative and collaborative leadership style. Building and maintaining strong relationships across the organization is imperative to succeeding in this role.
- Demonstrated ability to influence without authority. Ability to lead and motivate cross functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication; experience effectively communicating with teams located across different locations; technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Ability to recommend solutions in the face of strong resistance, to rationalize risk, to bring new ideas forward, and to take a leadership and decision making role in driving projects from concept to completion. Should be able to pull together pieces of disparate information while helping the organization make an informed decision.
3 Reasons why you should apply…
- Developing talent is the reason you went into leadership. You love challenging team members and watching them grow to their full potential.
- You’re excited by the chance to influence project/program managed processes from the ground up.
- You enjoy working in an open, accepting, and highly collaborative environment.
This job may not be for you if...
- You’re not excited by the opportunity to help lead teams through periods of change.
- You need a lot of well established policies and procedures before you can make decisions and drive results.
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer