Senior Project Manager, Duo Security
Duo Security, now a part of Cisco, is the leading provider of Trusted Access security and multi-factor authentication delivered through the cloud.
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place. We believe in empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office and enable every employee to bring their whole self to work.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it. Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
The Program Management Team at Duo is a multifaceted team dedicated to both excellence in software delivery and excellence as an organization. The two main roles of our department are Project Managers, who primarily drive successful completion of feature development, and Program Managers, who run all the programs that make the Engineering and Production Engineering teams an outstanding place to work. We are a flexible group that will take on any project or initiative needed to make us successful.
This position is for a Senior Project Manager, who is both a project manager and Scrum Master for two of our Engineering teams. They will help us establish processes and standard methodologies with our Austin teams.
What you’ll do…
- Work with the Engineering teams as a Scrummaster and Project Manager to lead work and facilitate team activity.
- Bi-weekly Sprint Planning.
- Identify and lead inbound and outbound dependencies across the organization.
- Partner with the Managers of the various Production Engineering subteams to accomplish the goals of the broader team. Keep track of and report status, raise issues, and ensure effective collaboration between multiple groups.
- Help drive organizational change in a fast-growing company. We are always looking to improve the ways we work, and you’ll use your experience and ideas to instill best practices that make us more effective.
- Take on any challenge or task that can help your teams deliver high quality successful features. That might mean facilitating an offsite, speaking on the team’s behalf, or things we haven’t thought of yet! You’ll be flexible and able to adapt to the changing nature of our company.
Skills you have…
- Experience in a software development organization. SaaS experience is a bonus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in technical field is preferred, with a minimum of 5-7 years experience in technical project management.
- PMP Certification (or equivalent experience/knowledge) and Certified Scrum Master Certification preferred.
- You have experience with cross-team collaboration and proven the ability to establish relationships across teams.
- You take initiative to make positive, measurable changes in your organization. You are extremely organized with world-class communication skills, both verbal and written.
- You are able to quickly learn new things and tackle new challenges. You’re flexible and a creative problem solver.
3 Reasons why you should apply…
- This position will have a hand in shaping the way the team works and delivers software as we continue growing at a rapid pace.
- You’ll be asked to take on new and unknown challenges to support the team - if that interests you, this position may be a great fit
- You put people before process
This job may not be for you if...
- If the pace of a fast-moving, growth phase company makes you uncomfortable, or if you need a lot of well-established policies and procedures before you can make decisions and drive results, this might not be the best role for you.
- If you’re uncomfortable leading, facilitating, and speaking in front of groups, this may not be a good fit
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer