Senior Technical Program Manager at WP Engine
We are a growing Product and Engineering organization that is actively evolving our organization across all disciplines (Engineering, Product, UX, Agile / Lean principles and Program Management to name a few). The person in this role will have the opportunity to be part of creating and driving this transformation. Sharing your deep program / project management knowledge and experience will have a visible impact every day! Teams across the company are excited that we are investing in Program management and are eager to learn and grow. WP Engine has a great company culture focused on truly caring about our customers' success and supporting each other as we grow.The Day to Day
- Collaborate to build, implement, and orchestrate dozens of projects that comprise the development program for our primary product.
- Manage the cost, schedule, and scope of the technology roadmap to deliver complex technical products related to our hosting platform
- Integrate technical work across teams, levels, and functions to achieve unity of effort
- Coordinate with product managers to align program goals and milestones with customer and business strategy objectives
- Gather diverse perspectives to inform program plans and decisions
- Resolve differences, adapt to unexpected events, and facilitate change to achieve outcomes; provide timely guidance to cross-functional business partners
- Establish and manage expectations and relationships across the company to achieve program goals
- Capture and implement learning to improve programs
- Guide learning and collaboration between teams
- Deliver tools that provide insight on program status and operational effectiveness to executive, business, and technical staff
- Mentor other program managers in R&D to help them grow their program management discipline knowledge
- Demonstrated success in program management
- Experience as an empowered cross-functional leader
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Sound understanding of the software development life cycle, product development lifecycle and Lean / Agile frameworks
- Passionate about fostering an agile mindset, helping to create an environment where people can thrive and have fun, while getting stuff done!
- Excellent knowledge of change management principles and organizational dynamics
- Robust communication skills with both senior executives and technical experts
- Experience or clear potential to work directly with technical customers
- Ability to identify, prioritize, and solve critical challenges in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Skilled at initiating and organizing new projects with little guidance or supervision
- Flexible mindset to tailor management processes to various team cultures and needs
- High emotional intelligence, including the ability to inspire and influence peers
- Bachelor's degree in math, science, engineering, or significant work experience in a related technical field.
- 3-5 years experience in project/program management
- 2-3 years leading teams or managing people a plus
- Advanced level experience with Jira and Confluence
- PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM or CPO certification a plus
- WordPress, Hosting platform experience or DevOps experience a plus
WP Engine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At WP Engine, we have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing ([email protected]).