Senior Technical Project Manager at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
Senior Technical Project Manager
Location: Austin (Downtown)
Do you thrive at leading cross-functional teams? Have you mastered continuously improving and managing Agile software development teams and enjoy the challenge of working in a fast-paced space like e-commerce? Are you a go-getter who loves to get stuff done and passionate about delivering value to end-users? If so, BigCommerce has an exciting full-time opportunity for someone like you!
BigCommerce, a “Best Place to Work” in Austin is seeking a Senior Technical Project Manager to work with our local Billing and Access Management team in our awesome Austin Downtown office.
Our global PMO, leads projects/programs across the company, from Product Development to Marketing to Sales and everywhere in-between. You’ll be collaborating with both internal customers and external partners to help define and execute on our global roadmap.About BigCommerce
BigCommerce is a product company, headquartered in Austin, Texas, and has offices in San Francisco, California, Sydney, Australia and London, England.
We are the world's leading cloud ecommerce platform for established and rapidly-growing businesses. Combining enterprise SaaS functionality, an open platform, and an app ecosystem, BigCommerce enables businesses to grow online sales with less cost, time and complexity than on-premise software. BigCommerce powers B2B and B2C ecommerce for more than 60,000 brands, 2,000+ mid-market businesses and 30 Fortune 1000 companies, including Assurant, Ben & Jerry's, Paul Mitchell, Skullcandy, Sony, and Toyota.What You’ll Do
- Drive multiple simultaneous projects from start to finish and deliver value to our merchants on-time.
- Manage daily activities of scope management, project, and resource planning, progress tracking, proactive risks and issues management, cross-functional/stakeholder and leadership communication.
- Perform Scrum Master (and Agile Coach) duties including facilitating sprint planning, standups, sprint reviews, retrospectives, and release planning
- Provide cross-functional visibility into status, resourcing needs, dependencies, granular requirements, dates and escalations for projects.
- Coordinate all of the cross-functional communication for a project from Kickoff through General Availability. Own the Go To Market process end-to-end and ensure all of the right stakeholders are in the loop and aware of the work expected of them.
- Demonstrate stellar stakeholder management and executive presentation skills
- Create and enforce cross-functional accountability across all business and technical groups & levels using soft and hard levers.
- Lead and inspire your teams; influence everyone around you.
- Collaborate with colleagues within our PMO and across all other functions.
- Apply your hard-earned experience to creatively solve for the desired shared outcome each and every day.
- Make the most of your chops to work with technical and not-so-technical counterparts.
- Contribute to our company culture and collective intelligence.
- 3+ years experience in web technologies, a technical project manager leading medium to large software development projects.Project management,
- Agile development, process improvement/quality certifications are (e.g. PMP, ScrumMaster, Lean or Six Sigma).
- Must demonstrate direct experience using Agile methodologies for managing projects and coaching teams.
- You have experience using a variety of tools like JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheets and G Suite.
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow-through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly providing ideas to optimise the process.
- Fun. You're a charismatic people-person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome.
- Pragmatic. You understand the awesomeness and downfalls of Agile, waterfall, and other philosophies & methodologies - and know what to apply for each situation.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- Positive. You know that when like-minded, talented colleagues put their minds to achieving ambitious goals, great things happen. You bring that positivity & attitude to everything you do.
- Problem Solver. You use logic, as well as the imagination, to make sense of a situation and come up with an intelligent solution.
- Scrappy. You have an innate, scrappy and entrepreneurial drive to get things done in a fast-moving environment where things can (and do!) change quickly, priorities compete, and you may not always have all of the details upfront. Nothing gets by you.
- A utility player. You're willing to help out wherever needed.
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings