Sr. Technical Program Manager - Scrum Master
Compeat is a leading provider of SaaS fully-integrated technology solutions for the restaurant industry. We are growing exponentially, and are looking for phenomenal people to grow with us. We pride ourselves on our amazing people, top-notch technology, and a fun employee-focused corporate culture.
As the Sr. Technical Program Manager - Scrum Master, you will be responsible for building the development program management office (PMO) as well as guiding/coaching how SCRUM operates inside of development and engineering operations. The ideal candidate has deep experience with program management and ideally has built a PMO in the past. Furthermore, fluency with SCRUM is a critical enabler for this role. This position reports to the CTO.
- Excellent organizational skills and very detail-oriented
- Developing the program management and planning function within the development team
- Manage a range of projects types and complex business initiatives and change programs
- Own the organization’s Program Delivery Approach, its implementation and establishment
- Ability to provide input to organizational business and budget planning
- Team management experience with the ability to manage and motivate virtual or matrix project teams as well as the PMO
- Ability to juggle different projects/priorities and deliver high quality outcomes under pressure
- Capability to provide timely, accurate and relevant project and portfolio reporting as agreed
- Recognized formal project management qualification (PMP/APMP/Prince2/P30 or equivalent) is desirable
- Responsible for performing coaching, training and guidance to Agile development teams.
- Demonstrative expertise on Agile values, principles, functions and practices.
- Knowledge of standard Agile functions and events including but not limited to: Scrum Planning, Story Mapping, Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Daily Stand Up, Backlog Refinement, Sizing/Agile Estimating, Review/Demo, Retrospective.
- Knowledge of standard Agile techniques for identifying project deliverables and measuring team performance including but not limited to: Visioning, Product Roadmap, Release Plan, Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog, Sprint Goal, Kanban/Task Board, Burndowns, Burnups, Velocity, impediments.
- Strong communication skills with ability to deliver complex messages and teach new concepts.
- Training Agile concepts and methods to project teams and stakeholders.
- Strong mediator, able to resolve conflicts within the team before they become an issue.
- Must be a learner with a Growth Mindset. Always looking to improve her/himself and the people around them
- Significant experience at a senior level in a PMO Function
- Deep knowledge with Jira and Confluence. Trello is a plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Good understanding of performance management frameworks and tools in the delivery of business objectives
- Experience of prioritization matrices and working with the business to determine appropriate project prioritization
- Experience using Scrum or equivalent Agile methodology.
- Experience as Scrum Master, Product Owner or equivalent Agile role.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Agile engineering practices (e.g., Behavioral driven development (BDD), Code refactoring, Pair programming etc.) a plus.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Testing and Deployment automation (e.g., Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Automated Testing) a plus.
- Prior Agile coaching experience preferred.