Sr. Technical Project Manager
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
Do you thrive at leading cross-functional teams? Have you mastered continuously improving and managing Agile development teams and enjoy the challenge of working in a fast-paced space like e-commerce? Are you a go-getter who loves to get stuff done and is passionate about delivering value to end users? If so, BigCommerce, a 2018 Best Place to Work in Austin, has an opportunity just for you!
We’re in search of Sr. Technical Project Manager for our Austin Downtown office to work with our local software development teams and global stakeholders in product, marketing, and sales.
Our PMO team leads projects/programs across the company, from Product Development to Marketing to Sales and everywhere in-between. You’ll be collaborating with both internal customers and external partners to help define and execute on our global roadmap
What You'll do
- Fluent as a Scrum Master, facilitating sprint planning, standups, sprint reviews, retrospectives and release planning.
- Removing impediments and creating a culture for teams to be able to deliver at their best
- Flex your project management skills in scope management, proactive risks and issues management, cross-functional/stakeholder and leadership communication
- Drive projects from start to finish and deliver value to our merchants on time, within budget and scope
- Create and enforce cross-functional accountability across all business and technical groups & levels using soft and hard levers
- Lead and inspire your team’s - influence everyone around you
- Collaborate with colleagues within our PMO and across all other functions - both technical and not-so-technical counterparts
- Use a variety of tools like JIRA, Confluence and Google Apps
- Contribute to our company culture and collective best practices
Who you are
- 5+ years experience in web-technologies, a technical project manager leading medium to large software development projects
- Project management, Agile development, process improvement/quality certifications are (e.g. Scrum Master, PMP, Lean or Six Sigma).
- Direct experience. You have experience using Agile methodologies for managing projects and coaching teams
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow-through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly providing ideas to optimize the process
- Fun. You're a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome
- Pragmatic. You understand the awesomeness and downfalls of Agile, waterfall, and other philosophies & methodologies - and know what to apply for each situation
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues
- Positive. You know that when like-minded, talented colleagues put their minds to achieving ambitious goals, great things happen. You bring that positivity & attitude to everything you do
- Problem Solver. You use logic, as well as imagination, to make sense of a situation and come up with an intelligent solution
- Roll Up Your Sleeves. You have an innate, scrappy and entrepreneurial drive to get things done in a fast-moving environment where things can (and do!) change quickly, priorities compete, and you may not always have all of the details up front. Nothing gets by you
- A utility player. You're willing to help out wherever needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.