Strategic Partner Manager at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, the leading cloud commerce platform for fast-growing brands, is looking for an ambitious Partner Manager to join our growing team. The Strategic Business Development Team partners with best of class solutions that help enable growth for our customer base of over 60,000 merchants. In this role you will manage strategic partnerships with some of the world’s largest and most innovative tech companies, setting the vision for how our merchants leverage our partner solutions to grow their ecommerce businesses.
In this role, you’ll have a huge impact on the ongoing success of the company by managing our global strategic partnerships and contributing to the company’s vision for leadership, innovation, and growth in headless commerce.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and manage strategic partnerships globally by maintaining relationships with decision makers at the executive and management levels, with a focus on headless commerce (Ex. Contentstack, Bloomreach, Vercel, etc), Infrastructure (Ex Cloudflare, SSL/domain, etc), and site tools ( Ex. Accessibility, Site Speed, 3D/AR, Automation).
- Lead our partner-led Headless strategy through cross-functional collaboration, strategic vision, subject matter expertise, and focus on developing the strongest partnerships with the appropriate partners in the category.
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally with teams to develop go-to-market strategies and business plans for partner solutions and features, with an emphasis on driving net new business to the partner and BigCommerce. Specifically, this role will participate in designing and launching merchant acquisition and adoption programs, which may include email campaigns, in-product messaging, co-selling, and up-sell campaigns.
- Lead new opportunities and acquire new partnerships through creative strategic thinking to capitalize on new revenue potential and innovative product enhancements.
- Act as primary point of contact and partner portfolio owner for assigned partnerships.
- Work with partners to develop and exceed business success metrics, including specific KPIs that drive merchant adoption and revenue growth for both BigCommerce and the partner.
- Work closely with the BigCommerce Product, Marketing and Client Success teams to perfect merchant experiences and support for partner solutions via the BigCommerce platform.
- Work closely with the product and engineering teams to ensure our headless partners develop the best-in-class integrations and align with BigCommerce’s overall headless go-to-market strategy to provide a seamless experience for both developers and business users.
Who You Are
- Education: Bachelor’s degree, ideally in business or similar field is preferred.
- Partner Management Experience: 5+ years experience managing partnerships and coordinating and designing co-marketing programs with partners to drive merchant awareness and revenue growth in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Headless Acumen - Experience in the content management category, specifically headless platforms, frameworks, PWAs, and compostable commerce.
- Ecommerce Acumen - Experience within a SaaS platform or ecommerce organization driving adoption of a SaaS-based solution with Partners and their clients. Knowledge of storefront utility, performance, and infrastructure solutions a plus
- Strategic - You thrive on challenges, are agile, possess a great deal of perspective and have a clear vision, tolerance for risk, and ability to navigate ambiguous situations.
- Negotiator - You are a great salesperson who will be the role-model of excellence for the team. Your experience will allow you and others to skillfully negotiate wins internally and externally while maintaining strong relationships.
- Business Acumen - You know how businesses work, keep up with relevant practices and trends, and know the competition.
- Master Communicator - You provide the information people to the right people at the right time in the right way, adjusting your approach to fit the audience and setting (one-on-one, small and large groups, peers, direct reports, and leaders inside and outside the organization). Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and client / partner relationship skills are critical.
- Comfortable using technology - Strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills. Knowledge of Salesforce a plus.
- Driven Achiever - You thrive on challenges and have a proven history of successfully, consistently achieving revenue quotas and objectives, within a complex client acquisition driven business, preferably in the mid-market or enterprise space.
- Action Oriented - You have a passion for getting things done, carry out responsibilities with minimal direction, enjoy working hard, are full of energy for challenges, and seize opportunities more than others.
- Organized - You can marshal the resources you need to get things done, simultaneously manage multiple priorities and/or projects, and deliver key milestones on time.
- Composed - You are cool under pressure, professionally mature, and know how to remain collected and focused in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment.
- A Planner - You have strong attention to detail, accurately scope out the length and difficulty of tasks and projects, anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks, and easily develop and maintain schedules.
- Focused - You are bottom-line oriented, can be counted on to exceed goals, and are constantly pushing yourself and others for results.
- Flexible - You not only cope with change, you thrive on it and can shift gears comfortably.
- Personable - You are positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.