Technical Program Manager, SaaS Business
At SailPoint, we do things differently. We understand that a fun-loving work environment can be highly motivating and productive. When smart people work on intriguing problems, and they enjoy coming to work each day, they accomplish great things together. With that philosophy, we’ve assembled the best identity team in the world that is passionate about the power of identity.
As the fastest-growing, independent identity and access management (IAM) provider, SailPoint helps hundreds of global organizations securely and effectively deliver and manage user access from any device to data and applications residing in the data center, on mobile devices, and in the cloud. The company’s innovative product portfolio offers customers an integrated set of core services including identity governance, provisioning, and access management delivered on-premises or from the cloud (IAM-as-a-service).
SailPoint is seeking a Technical Program Manager to join our Product Engineering team and is passionate about delivering high business value capability to our cloud-based SaaS product customers. The ideal candidate is goal and detail oriented with a strong technical background. The ideal candidate also possesses exceptional communication, problem solving and collaborative skills.
We are a growing organization that is rapidly and continuously improving our teams, processes and technologies across multiple disciplines such as Engineering, Product, UX, DevOps, Support and Services. In this role, you will have the opportunity to be part of driving this evolution with a focus on shaping and scaling our Agile project and program management practices across the SaaS Business Unit. Teams are excited that we are investing in this discipline and are eager to learn and mature with it. SailPoint has a great company culture focused on truly caring about the growth and success of our people including customers.
- Drive effective programs and processes by forming relationships and strong partnership with cross-functional teams to ensure all aspects of the programs are supported and delivered to the highest standards
- Manage project/program plans, risks/issues, dependencies and schedule commitments to ensure alignment with the overall business strategy and the most efficient execution
- Build and maintain program/project documentation and dashboards that communicate a comprehensive status to teams and key stakeholders.
- Work closely with Product, Engineering and Customer facing leaders & teams to facilitate continuous delivery of complex requirements as executable work items and smooth production launch
- Facilitate program/project communication including kick-off and launch events, milestone reviews and status updates as needed.
- Facilitate risk/issue management and dependencies across the program deliverables and communicate their status to global teams
- Engage with other teams in the company, representing the engineering group / program, forming relationships, helping find opportunities for collaboration and resolving blockers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent industry work experience
- 2-5 years of Program Management experience in a high-tech organization successfully delivering large, distributed enterprise Agile projects
- Exceptional track record of setting and achieving detailed program/project goals
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and makes data-driven decisions
- High initiative and passion helping teams continuously improve program/project delivery.
- Thorough understanding of SDLC from conception to production delivery
- Development experience in Java based web applications and micro services is preferred
- Effective delivery of products using Agile/Kanban development methodology using various tools such as JIRA, Github, Kanban is preferred
- Experience delivering enterprise level customer programs/projects is a plus
- Good understanding of Cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google) and related technologies, monitoring and enablement practices such as Kubernetes, Docker, LaunchDarkly, ELK Stack, Datadog is a plus
- Experience with Portfolio for Jira or other similar portfolio management tools is a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.