Technical Project Manager - Scrum Master at W2O Group
Technical Project Manager/Scrum Master
Recently named Best Place to Work by MM&M, The Holmes Report, PR News, PRWeek, and AdAge, W2O is an integrated marketing and communications firm powered by analytics and specializing in healthcare. We are currently seeking a talented Technical Project Manager to join our growing team of pharmaceutical advertising, technology and data professionals. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic, fast-growing global agency.
The Technical Project Manager is ultimately responsible for excellent delivery on their assigned piece of business. They will be comfortable acting as the point-person for large initiatives or owing a single program.
Strong leadership skills help them oversee the project team’s activities, as they are accountable for the overall quality of work in conjunction with department leads, ensuring goals are met and projects are delivered on time and on/or under budget.
Project Managers are great communicators and motivators with an innate ability to “get things done.” As a result, they wear many hats. The Technical Project Manager manages all aspects of the project life cycle from concept to delivery/launch and must be intimately familiar with the roles played by Design, Engineering and Development, User Experience, Account Management, and Quality Assurance.
They have experience moving projects through all internal agency technical departments and roles, ensuring the proper reviews and approvals at appropriate stages.
Whether it’s advising on the feasibility of creative concepts, involving the correct resources from each department at the optimal time, ensuring resources are available and priorities are managed in alignment with account, identifying bottlenecks and proposing solutions ahead of time, the only thing that is certain is that no one day is ever the same.
Skill and Responsibilities
The Technical Project Manager / Scrum Master will:
- Drive project timelines and road mapping while ensuring projects align to department launch goals
- Identify issues, risks, and recommendations for improving team efficiency
- Manage and conduct meetings
- Engage and include all team members and encourage a collaborative approach to completing tasks
- Assist the team with building skills of planning, goal setting, organizing and delivering through collaborative effort
- Lead creative problem solving via collaborative problem-solving processes
Experience and Education:
- 7+ years of relevant technical project management experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Advanced degrees helpful
- Strong Technology Chops
- Able to talk Tech at a granular level
- Background in multiple Project Management methodologies and tools
- Experience of working with distributed teams and vendors
- Expertise in Project Management & Tracking with various types of teams
- Solid problem solving and time management skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Experience working on AOR healthcare projects/accounts for pharma brands helpful.
- Scrum experience required
- Previous experience with Atlassian / Jira especially helpful
- Advanced knowledge of software/systems used by Project Management, including FLOW, Box, Smartsheets and JIRA.
W2O Group offers a comprehensive benefit program and perks, including unlimited and flexible PTO, expanded paid leave for new parents including a 4th Trimester program that helps new parents transition back to work, and a five-week sabbatical program. Other perks include Income Protection, Retirement plans/401(k) match, and cell phone savings plans. Learn more about our great benefits and perks at: http://www.w2ogroup.com/
W2O Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We foster an environment that embraces diversity. We are stronger with a wider range of opinions, strengths, and backgrounds to achieve our goals.