The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin fives years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. We’re a purpose-driven company looking for a Strategic Partnerships Account Executive to help us grow and expand our business. This cross-functional role will be responsible for sourcing, pitching, negotiating, and securing new strategic partnerships that will drive incremental revenue. As the face of The Zebra, you will be an integral part of building our brand presence in the industry as a whole.
Please note: This person will need to be in Austin, Texas for this position.
This position is not currently eligible for visa sponsorship.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Establish and maintain a robust pipeline of new partnership opportunities based on business needs and target areas of expansion
- Screen and prioritize business deals by analyzing business impact, and structure deals effectively to ensure they drive value to The Zebra
- Negotiate contract terms and compensation that serve client needs and are incrementally valuable to The Zebra’s business
- Bring business deals to life by coordinating with internal teams to implement new partnerships efficiently once contracts are closed
- Build industry awareness of current and upcoming product offerings at The Zebra
- Partner with research and design to create and enhance sales materials necessary to secure partnerships
- Research and present industry trends, competitive intelligence, major industry movements, and new lines of business for expansion
- Build and execute strategies to expand our brand awareness in the industry
- Establish senior level relationships
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of relevant experience building partnerships
- Experience with digital marketing & advertising
- Comfort with data analysis to structure proposals and deals effectively
- Experience in contract negotiation and contract management
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and prioritize appropriately
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Strong executive presence
- Passion for business development
- Big picture strategic vision with focused attention to detail
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation (Base + Bonus) & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Stipends ($1000/year)
- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunch
- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month)
- Curated monthly snack box - sent to your house
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA:
The Zebra is the nation’s leading insurance search comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, drivers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares more than 100 car insurance companies and provides licensed agent support and educational resources to ensure drivers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their policies. It’s “insurance in black and white.”
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020. Austin American-Statesman awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Inc. Magazine also awarded The Zebra as Best Workplaces - 2018, 2019, 2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**