Account Executive at Shipwell
Shipwell is fundamentally changing the shipping and logistics industry by building a connected platform that provides solutions for your entire supply chain. We are streamlining the way shippers, 3PLs, and carriers have operated for decades using ground-breaking technology to provide automation and workflow solutions in an established industry that comprises over 5% GDP. Shipwell created the first truly connected digital supply chain platform that provides real-time connectivity, visibility, automation, and bullet-proof APIs. We are a Series B startup that is backed by world-class investors, such as First Round Capital, Fifth Wall, and Georgian Partners.
Shipwell is a fast-paced, high-energy start-up that strives to build the future of shipping every day. Diversity of thought and cross-department collaboration is very important to us. We deliver open, honest, careful communication and work as hard as we play. We create & deliver solutions that are revolutionizing the industry, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you are looking for a place that will help you tap into your best work-self and give you hands-on experience building something big, then we invite you to come and build the future of shipping with us!
About the Role
The Account Executive owns the strategic acquisition of new business and delivering top-line growth for the organization. This individual will be focused on successfully acquiring new business from MM clients. These individuals are strategic, highly motivated, and have an entrepreneurial mindset. They are extremely skilled in challenging the status quo. The ideal candidate is a proven leader that is able to manufacture solutions for a diverse set of customer stakeholders. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a growing and dynamic organization that is focused on reshaping the future of logistics.
What you'll do:
- Drive top-line revenue
- Work collaboratively with account management, legal, marketing, onboarding, integrations, product, and sales enablement teams to ensure customer success
- Bring the voice of the customer back to Shipwell’s product team to help reshape the future
- Engage with C-suite and business owners within the MM segment
- Manufacture solutions utilizing Shipwell’s robust product lines to solve complex customer challenges
- Articulate the ROI and value chain to a diverse set of customer stakeholders
- Represent Shipwell at trade shows, conferences, and industry events
- Devise strategic account mapping plans to ensure customer stickiness
What you'll need:
- Minimum of 5 years of logistics experience selling SaaS, Managed Transportation, and complex solutions
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and think critically
- Demonstrated ability selling to C-suite customer stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to lead a client success strategies
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Possess a challenger’s mindset
- Ability to collaborate and work with a highly diverse set of internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to drive continuous improvement and be an ambassador of change for our clients
- Ability to forecast accurately
- Ability to set initial pricing strategy
- Ability to execute quickly and assemble deal teams
- Proficiency in Salesforce and CRM tools to maximize sales efficiency and effectiveness
- The ability to operationalize solutions for our customers
- The ability to articulate ROI through thorough detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Undergraduate degree
- Demonstrated high-performance and the ability to consistently exceed quota
- Willingness to travel 40% of the time
- Prior SaaS experience with large TMS providers
- Director of Sales
- Chicago, Austin preferred and remote for the right individual
- Corporate headquarters in sunny Austin, TX
- Incredible growth opportunity at one of the fastest growing companies in Austin
- The kitchen is fully stocked with local coffee, drinks, and snacks
- Company sponsored healthcare insurance and dental insurance
- Team building events and office competitions
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to put your thumbprint on a high-growth company in the early stages
- An open work environment where everyone, even the new folks, have a voice
View all our open positions at www.shipwell.com/careers
We’ve announced our Series A financing round! Read more on TechCrunch.
Shipwell is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Shipwell, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight. We have pledged to create a diverse and culturally strong company and environment.