What matters to you most probably:
- Directly helping the world’s retailers make better decisions to improve how they manufacture, transport, handle, store, sell, and dispose of products.
- Making your mark as a founding member of the sales team in a hyper growth start up with $35mm in funding.
- Major cash bonuses paid weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly.
Now that we’ve got your attention, here’s more about what we do and why you should be an Account Executive on our team.
Smarter Sorting works with Retailers to manage Supplier products for safe and efficient retailing. In fact, we sell a service to Retailers and Suppliers that helps them to pollute the planet less and make more money at the same time. Even better? Retailers require their Suppliers to use our service.
So, it’s pretty simple. The Account Executive works with Suppliers to reinforce the Retailer required programs, get Supplier accounts provisioned, and make Suppliers see the value of completing all required steps, including paying. The Account Executive also has access to Sales Engineers who help Suppliers with any initial issues. We need you, the Account Executive, to make the calls, send the emails, text the texts enough times with enough passion to get the Suppliers to save the planet and keep more of their products on more shelves.
This is the easiest sales job you’ll ever have.
What You'll Be Doing
- Own and work assigned Supplier accounts from initial contact to closed-won phase.
- Engage in active calling, emailing by leveraging tools such as Salesforce, Google Sheets and our proprietary, internal applications to move customers through the onboarding process.
- Work with Sales Engineering to optimize customer onboarding to win accounts faster.
- Follow the assigned sales procedures to get accounts successfully from initial contact to fully onboarded and paid.
- Report and track sales activities and results using SalesForce.
- Share sales strategies with teammates to improve the entire team’s performance.
- Passion for changing the world one account at a time
- Enjoy moving fast and shepherding multiple accounts to close
- Read quickly, learn quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Team player
- Known for never giving up
- Driven by results
- Familiar with Salesforce, Hubspot and other modern sales tools
- Experience in consumer packaged goods a strong plus
- First Month
- Confidently close 10 suppliers without assistance
- Pass all content and process assessments with team lead
- Third Month
- 1 account closed per day
- 100 accounts every 90 days
- Sixth Month
- 100 accounts closed every 30 days
Your Benefits & Perks
Competitive Compensation Packages
Medical, dental & vision insurance
Short-term disability insurance
Generous Parental Leave
Unlimited Paid Time Off
Continuing Education Sponsorship
Bi-Annual All-Hands, Volunteering & Special Events (with baby goats in attendance)
Unlimited snacks & drinks
You choose us not only because this is the role you’ve been waiting for, but also because we are a purpose-driven company committed to our mission. You’ll be joining a group of machine learning experts, successful serial entrepreneurs, data scientists, sustainability experts, recovering consultants and national account program managers whose passion for data-driven sustainability drives us. You choose us because our values resonate with you. At Smarter Sorting this means: We do what it takes. We begin from a position of curiosity. We are driven to become experts. We are real. We have grit. You share our belief that a healthy culture is key to the company’s success and more importantly our employees’ happiness.
Better decisions. Better data. Greener planet. All made possible by the best people. Come join our team!
At Smarter Sorting, we understand that a workforce that includes a robust mix of genders, ages, ethnicities, religions and socioeconomic backgrounds is more likely to reflect a variety of perspectives and thought patterns - leading to more innovation, brainstorming, problem-solving and strategizing. That is why we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply.