Account Manager / Sales Representative
SmartBiz is revolutionizing small business lending with its technology platform to provide quick, affordable SBA loans to small businesses across America. SmartBiz is the leading online marketplace for SBA loans, and we are looking for an experienced Account Manager to join our team. You will have a chance to work within a dynamic, supportive and social environment and on a team that takes pride in helping our customers but isn’t too busy to have fun together. You will receive fantastic exposure to the Fintech industry, and opportunity for upward mobility within our organization. SmartBiz is the future of small business lending, and we hope you will join our team on this exciting journey.
As a SmartBiz Account Manager you’ll work closely with our high volume of inbound customers to collect important documents while answering questions and guiding applicants throughout the application process. Combining year sales skills, customer success acumen, and passion for providing impactful solutions to small businesses across the country your primary focus will be to deliver funding recommendations through our bank network. By consistently meeting monthly and quarterly revenue goals you will be the primary face of the company that drives revenue. This is a perfect role for a self-starting, goal oriented individual who is looking to grow their sales career in a fun and fast paced atmosphere.
The SmartBiz Account Management team is an integral part of the Company strategy and the first point of contact for our small business customer. This is not a remote position. You will be reporting directly into sales leadership based in our downtown Austin office.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of SmartBiz products and sales processes to increase quarterly loans originated both individually and as a company
- Handle a high volume of calls, emails, chats, and applications. You would be amazed at the amount of requests for funding we get on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, and it’s our job to get to all of them
- Educate potential borrowers on the various benefits of obtaining funding through SmartBiz
- Oversee the entire loan process from the initial needs assessment to the funding of the loan
- Collaborate with Relationship Managers to manage pipelines and package loans
- Motivate your pipeline and co-workers to continually raise the bar on results
- Prioritize your time and the applications in your portfolio based on expected revenue of each individual opportunity
- Develop a relationship with your borrowers and a funding strategy that leads to repeat business
- Consistently achieve and exceed monthly goals
Required Experience & Skills:
- At least 2 years sales experience with an ability to develop a rapport quickly on the phone
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well, independently and within a team
- Great organizational skills and experience creating your own task management processes
- Ability to explain basic financial terms in clear language while maintaining professionalism and organization
- A strong desire to innovate, collaborate and have fun and win!
- Competitive salary plus bonus
- 100% paid Medical and Dental Insurance
- Tri-weekly catering, as well as unlimited snacks, coffee and beverages
- Ownership stake in the company
- Monthly company happy-hours and off-sites
- The best lending product in the industry
SmartBiz Loans is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law.