About REX - Real Estate Exchange, Inc.
REX is a well-funded, game-changing real estate technology startup located in Austin, TX. With the goal of improving the lives of homebuyers and sellers, REX created a digital platform and real estate service that eliminates traditional agent commissions, sells homes faster and shifts control away from agents over to those who matter most: consumers. Having proven the effectiveness of the REX model in 2016 and grown rapidly in 2017, REX expanded to 10 cities in 2018. And with a recently closed Series C, REX will expand to 14 new markets in 2019.
About the Position
We're growing like crazy and looking for a solutions-oriented, enthusiastic, and well-spoken professional to join the Sales Team at our Austin, TX office. This individual will be the voice of REX with the goal of creating great experiences, starting from the moment a customer calls in and ending with a home being sold/bought.
- Build relationships and generate excitement about REX with existing customers
- Provide exceptional support to current sellers by anticipating their needs, monitoring home sale activity, and ensuring marketing is performing optimally
- Assist the Listing Agent with listing duties such as preparing addendums and agreements, reviewing pricing and comps, and ensuring the escrow-dependent tasks are completed timely for a successful close
- Serve as the company's liaison with all of the parties (lenders, appraisers, inspectors, etc.) involved in the sales transaction
- Document tracking for large volume of real estate transactions
- Manage projects to get a home listing live on REX’s website, which includes creating content, submitting vendor work orders, and scheduling showings and open houses
- Comply with REX policy and all state/legal statutes
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-volume, customer-facing or sales role
- Knowledge and understanding of the Real Estate process and selling/buying transaction
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build solid relationships, especially by phone and email
- Knowledge of managing prospects and customer follow-up through a CRM
- Exhibit REX’s brand attributes: creative and innovative problem solver with the desire to be an industry changer to make buying and selling of real estate better for consumers
- Proficient in productivity and web-based tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google hangouts, Google docs/sheets
- A high degree of professionalism; able to remain calm and rational in times of confusion, rapid change or pressure
- Ability to stay organized while handling high volume, interacting with different teams and lots of moving parts
- Impeccable attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Team-oriented; willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field
- Must be available for weekend support as needed
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- 1-2 years of real estate experience, preferably in transaction or listing management.
- Holds a real estate license in one of these states: California, Texas, New York, New Jersey, Oregon, Colorado, Florida, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, North Carolina, Massachusetts.
- Previous experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems
REX offers an attractive compensation and health benefits package with an equity stake in this fast-growing tech company.
Annual Bonus + Stock Options + Paid Time Off
As a pioneer in our industry, REX is setting new standards in the marketplace – for quality, innovation, integrity, professionalism, drive, consumer happiness, and social good. Our culture, together with our business vision and goals, serve as an orientation for leadership and a guide for how we conduct ourselves in day-to-day business. They also form the foundation for hiring, encouraging and rewarding great people. In addition, REX has been committed to doing good things for real estate consumers and to providing homes for those in the greatest need, wherever they may be. For every 50 homes we sell, we provide a home for a family in need. We started by funding the construction of a home for a family in Cambodia at the end of 2015. In addition to funding homes, the REX team regularly provides hands-on support to local nonprofits that provide shelter to families.