Associate Manager of Market Development at Cision (formerly TrendKite)
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:53 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, August 29, 2019
What we do:
Cision (formerly TrendKite) is a leading global provider of software and services to communications and marketing professionals. Our flagship product, the Cision Communications Cloud, is an industry-leading comms platform that delivers best-in-class earned media monitoring and analytics, a comprehensive media and influencer contact database, newswire distribution, business results attribution capabilities, and much more.
We’re looking for a performance-oriented, data-driven Associate Manager of Market Development, with a proven track record of success to exceed quotas and achieve new heights. The Market Development team is responsible for 40% of the company’s new business revenue, so this is a critical role.
What you'll do
- Train and lead a high-velocity team of 4-5 MDRs
- Manage reps who are responsible for timely, thoughtful outreach to inbound accounts with the goal of creating new opportunities for sales
- Own and exceed the demo and revenue quota for your team
- Analyze and continually optimize overall MDR team performance. This requires you to be skilled in Salesforce, Outreach.io, Zoominfo, LinkedIn, and good old-fashioned Excel pivot tables
- Analyze and report on MDR performance to Cision’s executive team
- Evaluate marketing campaign performance and how leads to your team are converting and progressing through the sales funnel
- Partner with and provide feedback to the marketing team to ensure that campaigns are optimized to bring in high quality leads
- Study and train the team on all marketing content/campaigns
- Craft content-specific talk tracks and outreach sequences for each marketing campaign to enable your team and the sales department as a whole
- Interview, hire, and ramp new reps into their first high-velocity sales role
- Identify obstacles in your reps’ workflow and find solutions to create more efficient processes
- Train reps on how to use new technologies, product and industry knowledge, phone and email messaging/objection handling
- Combine knowledge of industry best practices with an openness to try new things to ensure that we’re always learning and maximizing team output
- Motivate, coach, and inspire team members while helping them grow as individuals and as business people
- Ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally with other teams, offices, and regions
Here's what we're looking for:
- Proven track record of performance as a successful MDR/SDR at a high growth company
- Desire to uplift and share knowledge with those around you
- High EQ - ability to understand the motivations of the individuals on your team, set goals that align with those motivations, and support them in their pursuit of those goals
- Willingness to "get in the trenches", roll up your sleeves and show the team how to do the work
- Mentorship and coaching experience/methodology that you're willing to share
- Ability to communicate effectively, mediate conflict, and work collaboratively with your reps, the sales teams, and other managers
- Experience in a SaaS recurring revenue model
- 4 year Bachelor's degree preferred
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident (We will not sponsor at this time)
- Experience working in a fast-paced, enterprise level company
- Experience in or a strong understanding of Public Relations
- Experience with monthly (or shorter) and non-transactional sales cycles
- Hubspot and Eloqua experience and/or certification
- Experience working with or managing a website chat system
Cision employs the brightest, most passionate folks in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join that group!
Cision's recent acquisitions of startups TrendKite and Falcon.io provided the company with additional innovative technology and a focus on user experience that sets the company's software apart from anything else in the comms industry. With these additional capabilities, the next generation Cision Communications Cloud platform delivers an improved user experience, more intelligent and interactive reporting, and better campaign execution for PR and comms teams.
By investing in our brand, our team, and our technology, we are leading a revolution in the PR and communications industry. We invest in our people through training and professional development and we empower them to grow their careers - because the most important measure of our success is yours.
Cision Ltd (NYSE: CISN) is a leading global provider of earned media software and services to public relations and marketing communications professionals. Cision software allows users to identify key influencers, craft and distribute strategic content, and measure meaningful impact. Cision has over 4,000 employees with offices in 22 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. For more information about its award-winning products and services, including the Cision Communications Cloud, visit www.cision.com and follow Cision on Twitter @Cision.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V, 41 CFR 60–1.4
Read Full Job Description